LT-32

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
morsetaper

LT-32

Post by morsetaper »

Anybody ever use it? It's one of the only powders available with any regularity that's suitable for .223/5.56. 'Spendy tho'. I picked up 4# the other day. Being a relatively new powder (2012?), none of my manuals have data for it. Western has some data on their website.

This is what I know about it so far:

Developed for 6MM PPC.
Similar to H322.
Very fine extruded powder-should meter well.
The BR shooters that are using it seem to be impressed by this speed-lotsa' potential.

Anybody have any further info on this one? I plan on loading 5.56 and possibly .243 Win. with it.
PawPaw

Re: LT-32

Post by PawPaw »

Never heard of it. Who markets it, where does it come from?

Answer: It's an Accurate powder, and there is a .pdf here with some load info.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
morsetaper

Post by morsetaper »

PawPaw wrote: It's an Accurate powder, and there is a .pdf here with some load info.
I have that, but that's all I have.

But that chart raises another question. Will .223 commercial brass handle 5.56 pressures, or am I best saving those loads for designated 5.56 brass? The gun is chambered 5.56.
morsetaper

Post by morsetaper »

Got out to the range on Friday with a load development. Started with 20.0 grains, and worked up in 1 gr. increments. Fired 4-5 shot groups of each of the three. 21 grains produced the tightest groups, averaging 1.08" for the four, at 50 yds. using a 3moa red dot sight. Smallest group was .86". Projectile was a Hornady 55 gr., FMJ-BT.

Hopefully I can make it back out this week to see if I can tweak it a little and clock them. I've already loaded up 60 more rounds at 20.5, 21, and 21.5 gr.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

That's very promising. In fact some would say,
That'll do pig. That'll do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
morsetaper

Post by morsetaper »

It pleased me. Now I'm also itching to load it in a scoped boltie(.243) and stretch it out to 100 yds. to see what I can wring out of that.