.300 Blackout again.

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
toad

.300 Blackout again.

Post by toad »

While I think there is overhype on the .300 Blackout and it will be a long time before I could afford a platform for it. It does look like a nifty way to get 7.62 X 39 mm balistics out of an AR platform since you basically only need a new barrel with the proper chamber. From a reloading stand point there are a tad more .308 bullets around than there are .310 bullets and you can make the brass by cutting down .223 and reforming it without too much effort.
I wouldn't be interested in the heavy bullets for sub-sonic suppressed use (to cheap and lazy to pay the fee and do the paperwork) I really like the idea of having an accurate semi-auto with the 7.62 X 39 mm's low recoil and terminal ballistics.
I looked at some of the complete it yourself 80% receivers but by the time you figure in parts and tools (I still have my little drill press and some metal working tools) it would cost me more than Saiga rifle conversion....sigh :(
Termite

Re: .300 Blackout again.

Post by Termite »

Since it seems no one's said it yet......

Welcome back, ya' ol fart...... ;) :lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."