CMP has .30-06 AP ammo available

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Rich Jordan

CMP has .30-06 AP ammo available

Post by Rich Jordan »

For those of you who are eligible, the CMP just announced limited availability of AP ammo, mostly corrosive (1950s and earlier), US made. $60/can of 192 rounds in Garand clips, plus $8.95 shipping (continental US, AK and HI higher), orders of two cans come with an original appearing crate, luck of the draw on headstamps and corrosive/noncorrosive. They will NOT ship to all states and include a warning about other states where possession may be problematic.

http://www.thecmp.org/ammosales.htm

Not a bad price at all compared to the funshows around here ($12-14/box of 20, no clips). I want to drive to the OH store now just to get some :twisted:
308Mike

Re: CMP has .30-06 AP ammo available

Post by 308Mike »

WOW, I didn't think so many other states had issues with AP ammo besides CA and other commie states like NJ & MA:
CMP will not ship any AP ammo to Massachusetts, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands. In the following states, local and state laws should be checked before receiving AP ammo - California, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Tennessee, New York, New Jersey, Hawaii & Nevada.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

Rich Jordan wrote: Not a bad price at all compared to the funshows around here ($12-14/box of 20, no clips). I want to drive to the OH store now just to get some :twisted:
Hell, that's not a bad price compared to the regular M2 Ball they have. 60/can rather than 95/can is a pretty damn good deal, even if it is corrosive. Pull the bullet, save the powder, pop and replace the primer, reload with original powder and bullet, and you have non-corrosive for the price of corrosive (plus 3ish cents/round for the new primer).
Chicks dig fixed bayonets
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Reportedly sold out.

I seriously considered ordering it but given the warnings about ill annoy and the crooks running the state and county slavering for any gun related issues to pounce on right now... its just not worth the risk.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Pull the bullet, save the powder, pop and replace the primer, reload with original powder and bullet, and you have non-corrosive for the price of corrosive (plus 3ish cents/round for the new primer).
forget that. buy a bottle of windex and shoot it.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

blackeagle603 wrote:
Pull the bullet, save the powder, pop and replace the primer, reload with original powder and bullet, and you have non-corrosive for the price of corrosive (plus 3ish cents/round for the new primer).
forget that. buy a bottle of windex and shoot it.
Why would you want to shoot a bottle of Windex?? ;) :lol: :lol: ;)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

308Mike wrote:Why would you want to shoot a bottle of Windex?? ;) :lol: :lol: ;)
So the corrosive salts would get washed off the bullet as it flew through the Windex, so it doesn't rust. Why else?
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

let me rephrase that...

:lol:
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

Chicks dig fixed bayonets
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Ooooh! And that "Procured in Norway sign!
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy