Okay, so why DID we choose 5.56mm?

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
SeekHer

Re: Okay, so why DID we choose 5.56mm?

Post by SeekHer »

Aglifter wrote:You know, Seekher, if you ever run out of money, you might consider Law -- you'd make a great legal researcher... Of course, guns are considerably more interesting...
The money's run out (2nd dbl wedding last month) and remember, I didn’t work this year at all…Sure I get my portion of the profits but not any of the tips I would have made from the clients…Working for a lawyer would be the last thing on earth I'd consider, poking my eyes out with sharp sticks would be more enjoyable to me...

Twain and the Bard both said "The first thing we should do is kill all the lawyers"...that should be second, first have them dig there own graves...

Sorry, Denis et al,...

I do a lot of research work for my wife's classes that she teaches at the university during the winter when I'm in town--makes it easier for her...
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Highspeed wrote:I HATE Seekhers book lists - so many books, so little time :D
FINE, then I'll not post them--na-na-na-na-na--so there! :P

I just wish I had them back, the actual books...Forty years of collecting and the problem is that 60% are out of print so you have to go looking for them not just order them from the publisher as we've done of late...I'm a little over one thousand four hundred now and only another four thousand to get just to replace the destroyed ones and not counting the new books out there...

That's just mine, mostly outdoors, but my wife's history books--most of hers are at her office at the university but she still lost about two thousand and all my girls books were nearly another fifteen hundred...
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Denis

Post by Denis »

SeekHer wrote: Sorry, Denis et al,...
The only trouble I have with SeekHer being one of the dyed in the wool "when the glorious day comes, let's line all the lawyers up against a wall..." brigade is that I don't think he'd be very likely to miss. Maybe if I wore the wig, he might just be too busy laughing :-)

Eek. ;)
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

I thought that's why ya'll still kept the robes, etc -- easy of concealed carry...

Sure am glad I'm an ice cream man... :D Everyone like ice cream...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Aglifter wrote:I thought that's why ya'll still kept the robes, etc -- easy of concealed carry...

I read yours and laughed and then one of my daughters, reading over my shoulder while asking me something entirely off topic says..."Unless you're lactose intolerant"...

I’m cleaning up the coffee I spurted out whilst laughing, dripping down the monitor screen…

Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

A) Many people who think they are too lactose intolerant to eat ice cream are actually reacting to the chemicals in most ice creams.

B) I also make sherbert -- considerably lower in dairy; Sorbets/Italian Ices, and cookies... I even make a damn fine chocolate*.

Essentially, I'm an industrial grandmother... :lol:

*I saw some cologne ad about becoming chocolate... If you want to smell like chocolate, just make a couple hundred pounds of it at a time -- it doesn't wash off...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Denis

Post by Denis »

Aglifter wrote:I thought that's why ya'll still kept the robes, etc -- easy of concealed carry...

Haha. If you knew how I dressed, you'd want me to wear a gown too... I can neither confirm nor deny the concealed carry part, as SeekHer might be reading this. Shhh....

True; the ice cream man, he has no enemies :-)

Mrs Denis is lactose intolerant. Exactly as you say, she has little trouble with top quality ice cream, because it isn't made of wierd chemical stuff, and her lactase tablets take care of the milk sugars. She finds frozen yoghurt is a good substitute, too.