Possible reason for participation slow down?

This is the ONE and ONLY spot on this board where you can whine and bitch.
MarkD

Re: Possible reason for participation slow down?

Post by MarkD »

Personally I think banning the namesake of the writer of fables was a mistake. Yeah he was an asshole, but he was and entertaining asshole and he was OUR asshole. I know I often checked in to see what he said next. Maybe there was some bad blood I wasn't privy to, but from my screen and keyboard I liked having him around. Just my opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and they all stink.
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

I've been checking in less often for a couple reasons, but the big one is that I'm really not participating in gun stuff very much anymore. I've been struggling financially for awhile, I'm back in college for another degree (nursing this time), and quite frankly, I haven't shot anything in over a year. I don't even carry much anymore, since I'm either at work (no carry zone), at school (no carry zone), or in a hospital for clinicals (another no carry zone).

I also used to like the political conversations here, but I'm very much politically burned out these days. I still check in now and then but I don't feel like I have the time/energy to contribute much, and on the gun front, for me there hasn't been anything new in years.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Mark and JK's experiences also mirror mine. I miss the asshole. While I do still carry, I have less disposable income for shooty stuff because I recently went back to school (Law) and bought a new car.
Last edited by skb12172 on Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
evan price

Post by evan price »

MarkD wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:48 pm Personally I think banning the namesake of the writer of fables was a mistake. Yeah he was an asshole, but he was and entertaining asshole and he was OUR asshole. I know I often checked in to see what he said next. Maybe there was some bad blood I wasn't privy to, but from my screen and keyboard I liked having him around. Just my opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and they all stink.
You know he's got a blog, right? Actually several of them but one is pure old school assop gold.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

skb12172 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:02 pm Mark and JK's experience also mirror mine. I miss the asshole. While I do still carry, I have less disposable income for shooty stuff because I recently went back to school (Law) and bought a new car.
We've reached a point where guns are about as good as they're gonna get given a metal case full of combustible compound pushing a metal projectile thru a rifled barrel.

Really. It's at the point that if you miss what you're shooting at it's because you screwed up at some point. That's not a bad place to be if you like guns and shooting, but it's not real interesting for discussion.

I'm moving from NJ to PA in(checks days left app on phone) 53 days. I WILL be coming here for advice on. ccw, an AR15 And everything else and I really hope you guys are there to school me
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

evan price wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:39 pm
MarkD wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:48 pm Personally I think banning the namesake of the writer of fables was a mistake. Yeah he was an asshole, but he was and entertaining asshole and he was OUR asshole. I know I often checked in to see what he said next. Maybe there was some bad blood I wasn't privy to, but from my screen and keyboard I liked having him around. Just my opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and they all stink.
You know he's got a blog, right? Actually several of them but one is pure old school assop gold.
Do you have links, please?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

MarkD wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:51 pm
skb12172 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:02 pm Mark and JK's experience also mirror mine. I miss the asshole. While I do still carry, I have less disposable income for shooty stuff because I recently went back to school (Law) and bought a new car.
We've reached a point where guns are about as good as they're gonna get given a metal case full of combustible compound pushing a metal projectile thru a rifled barrel.

Really. It's at the point that if you miss what you're shooting at it's because you screwed up at some point. That's not a bad place to be if you like guns and shooting, but it's not real interesting for discussion.

I'm moving from NJ to PA in(checks days left app on phone) 53 days. I WILL be coming here for advice on. ccw, an AR15 And everything else and I really hope you guys are there to school me
Of course we will.
Jered

Post by Jered »

skb12172 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:57 am
evan price wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:39 pm
Do you have links, please?
http://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I have had a lot of stuff going on from businesses, getting married and relocating to Orlando. I do see in person a number of members still and go hunting in Scotland with Doc Russia every year for the last 8 or 9 years...
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Too much going on here lately. Trying to find a house in a "desireable" area is hell, but I'd like to keep the commute under an hour each way. Haven't have the time or money set aside in the budget to shoot in far too long, and I'm just burnt out on the politics.

On a good note my employer now has an FFL so even more fun work projects.