Gun ads in my area

This is the ONE and ONLY spot on this board where you can whine and bitch.
JAG2955

Gun ads in my area

Post by JAG2955 »

It's hard to keep up with a hobby when you see ads like this:

For Sale:
This is a good condition m44 mosin nagant carbine with the side folding bayonet. It comes with the sling and accessories. It is a 1944 Izhevsk manufacture. Email or text if interested.
$200
Twice market price! How could I lose?

This one wins for just the grammatical/spelling errors:
ESSENTIAL ARMS AR15 Who?
MILLITARY SIGHTS ON IT -$10 for spelling error
KNIGHTS ARMOR BIPOD Who?
I HAVE A SUREFIRE THAT WILL ATTATCH -$10 for spelling error
HAVE A BIPOD FOREGRIP COMBO THAT ATTATCHES -$10 for spelling error
HAVE SOME EXTRA FORWARD HAND GAURDS THAT HAVE A FOUR WAY RAIL THE ONE IN THE PICTURE JUST HAS THE LOWER ONE -$10 for spelling error
BOLT LOCK LEVER I SWITCHED OUT
CHARGING HANDEL I SWAPED OUT -$10 for spelling error
I HAVE FIRED QUIET A FEW ROUNDS THROUGH IT I AM A MARINE THAT TEACHES RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP SO I HAVE NOT ABUSED IT... HOLDS A BEAUTIFULLY TIGHT GRIP I JUST WANNA EITHER MAKE SOME MONEY OR FIND SOME NEW TOYS... OPEN TO ANYTHING TRADE WISE AND I REALLY DO MEAN JUST ABOUT ANYTHING GUNS CARS CAR PARTS HOUSEHOLD ITEMS WHATEVER YOU GOT LOL
$1200
Hmmm....generic AR-15 with some Sportsmans Guide accessories. I suppose that I'd be paying for the assembly.

For Sale:
Up for grabs is a Keltec Sub2000 that is chambered in 9mm.

This gun will accept Sig P226, Beretta 92/M9, and SW Model 59 magazines, as I have the mag release blocks for all three. They are designed by KelTec to be easily interchangeable, and can be swapped out by unscrewing two small set screws on the magazine release button.
$500
Wow, what a steal. Apparently the price goes up if it's been owned once or more.

For Sale:
Italian Carcano rifle. all WW 2 original. shoots great. only real issue is that the original owner decided to attempt to carve a deer head on the stock. so just a new old stock would make this rifle look great.
$500
Unless Mussolini himself did the [strike]bubbaizing[/strike] "trench" art, I'll buy two nice ones for that price.

Here's one from a visit to a shop today:
Stripped AR-15 DPMS lower (w/ A2 pistol grip), $140
Apparently they got it in TRADE. It wasn't even NEW! Of course, I also saw a different dealer selling blemished (pretty bad) AR-15 lowers for $120.

Courtesy of armslist. The anger and frustration is all mine though.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: Gun ads in my area

Post by Combat Controller »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Too funny.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Another one from today:
Smith and Wesson MP40 with 2 mags
$600
I'm at a loss to describe why these people think that guns gain value after leaving the dealer.
bubblewhip

Post by bubblewhip »

JAG2955 wrote:Another one from today:
$600
I'm at a loss to describe why these people think that guns gain value after leaving the dealer.
I didn't know Smith made German machine pistols ...
Greg

Post by Greg »

bubblewhip wrote:
JAG2955 wrote:Another one from today:
$600
I didn't know Smith made German machine pistols ...
The '&' is implied. So the cool kids can shorten M&P to MP. So they can be like the even cooler kids who shorten H&K to HK. :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Don't get me started on the grammar and spelling errors. Don't the schools teach about homonyms any more?
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

" only real issue is that the original owner decided to attempt to carve a deer head on the stock "

Good grief. At least he didn't try and carve JFK's head on it I suppose...
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Rod

Post by Rod »

Sometimes the ads can be fun (or stupid) but you get gold nuggets when you prospect. That's how I got my "sporterized" M1917 for 300 bucks, in the local fishwrap of record.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

In the UK most gun ads you'd see were for air rifles, and one of the most common models would be a Weihrauch.

I have seen every possible spelling of Weihrauch, some so mangled that I could only tell what it was by the context of the ad.

But the very best spelling I came across ( more than once ) was 'Winerack' :lol:
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

JAG2955 wrote:I'm at a loss to describe why these people think that guns gain value after leaving the dealer.
"Dude! This aint jest any gun. It MY gun!"
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D