Lost reply to thread.

This is the ONE and ONLY spot on this board where you can whine and bitch.
308Mike

Re: Lost reply to thread.

Post by 308Mike »

Dedicated_Dad wrote:Not taking anything personally, hope it didn't seem like I was.
Na, you didn't - it's just that we tend to write responses to people who aren't posting too (unless specifically directed at someone, many of our replies are to everyone who might be reading the forums). We know there are many more people reading the threads than participating, and on the chance someone else might have felt slighted if their reply vanished some time in a different thread.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Rich wrote:
randy wrote:The only posts I've ever deleted were by request of the poster (i.e. when the system generates a duplicate post). I've never deleted an entire thread.

As Mike stated, we tend to lock threads if needed (dupes or when the tone is going down the drain). I've never even deleted a spammer thread (edit it for purposes of derision and mockery? that's different).
Randy, the post is what I meant. The Snowmeggadon that I posted to is still there. What possibly could have happened is perhaps a later post overwrote mine somehow. I'm sure it was an aesthetic improvement, but those were my pearls of wisdom and I miss admiring them. :roll:
I have, on occasion, lost a post as well. What I determined was that I made the post in the Reply box then clicked the preview button to make sure it looked okay, then forgot to hit the submit button. Because I had seen it as a post I thought that it "stuck" but then I realized what I had done.
Is that possible in your case?
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Fivetoes

Post by Fivetoes »

If you open the "Post a reply" box and wait too long and somebody else posts ahead of you, the software will ask if you wish to still post. I think what happens is we don't hit the "yes" box and therefore your post is lost.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Flintlock Tom wrote:I have, on occasion, lost a post as well. What I determined was that I made the post in the Reply box then clicked the preview button to make sure it looked okay, then forgot to hit the submit button. Because I had seen it as a post I thought that it "stuck" but then I realized what I had done.
Is that possible in your case?
Nope. I posted, then closed down and did something else for a while, booted back up and surfed to the GC and it was still there. Couple of days later was when it went AWOL.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964