Non-Gripe Idea: Forum Commerce Section

This is the ONE and ONLY spot on this board where you can whine and bitch.
workinwifdakids

Non-Gripe Idea: Forum Commerce Section

Post by workinwifdakids »

Due to... recent events here (and similar events in other online forums), I'd like to respectfully recommend the moderators consider a "COMMERCE" subforum. The large titles would then read "The Gun Counter," "The Back Room," "The Back Porch," "Commerce," etc. This idea has been long-standing and successful in other state-wide and national firearms forums, and has protected these communities, because commerce is as above-board as possible.

I further respectfully suggest we move the current "reviews" section under the new "COMMERCE" heading. Potential sub-headings might be product reviews, member firearms and firearms related products and services for sale, member non-firearms products and services for sale (used/new), perhaps a section for nationally-known reputable vendors (Magpul, Rainier Arms, etc.) to post in, and definitely a "pay it forward" section where we can post our used gear we want to give away to members for free. I feel like the last one really fits with the ethos of our community. In all of these subsections, members would be freely able to post all the positive and negative reviews they want.

I feel we're at that stage where things like this are becoming necessary.

Also, there is no longer a rules section as the rules have all been deleted. Perhaps it would be a good time to clarify under what circumstances a member may post for material assistance.

In all of the above, as emotion doesn't carry well through text, thanks to the mods for doing a sometimes ungrateful and difficult job, and kudos on the free ice cream.
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
Netpackrat

Re: Non-Gripe Idea: Forum Commerce Section

Post by Netpackrat »

Rules... They are for other people. :twisted:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

I like rules. Rules give me power.

Also, all transactions be public, or stfu if you lose money.

/I still want that sub2k
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Yogimus wrote:I like rules. Rules give me power.
Petition to rename Yogi "CL4P-TP" starts now
Michaelser

Non Gripe Idea Forum Commerce Section

Post by Michaelser »

Every time that I access this forum now it shows up in Italian.Then part is in English.How can I change the language setting?
Sport nutrition here: https://www.sportzfuel.com/
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

workinwifdakids wrote: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:48 pm and definitely a "pay it forward" section where we can post our used gear we want to give away to members for free. I feel like the last one really fits with the ethos of our community.
I was on a forum once that did this. They called it a Karma thread. It was kind of cool. I've given some stuff here and gotten some stuff by email. It's a good thing.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Re: Non Gripe Idea Forum Commerce Section

Post by randy »

Michaelser wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:43 pm Every time that I access this forum now it shows up in Italian.Then part is in English.How can I change the language setting?
Go to your User Control Panel. Look for the drop down box next to your user name at the top of the screen.

Got to the Board Preferences tab

Check the settings in the My Languages drop down box. The only 2 settings I see are American English and British English. Ensure it is displaying on of those.

Either way check that and let us know here what you find. I have a feeling it's a browser setting on your end, but let's run the checklist anyway
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Not sure why I am suddenly getting these notifications... I think it ought to be time to put a commerce sub forum in.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

And whatever happened to Yogi?
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Old Grafton wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:44 am And whatever happened to Yogi?
I guess his cover evaporated.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop