What is your number one ,two,three etc carry peices ?

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
FelixEstrella

Re: What is your number one ,two,three etc carry peices ?

Post by FelixEstrella »

Precision wrote:my everywhere even in swim trunks gun is my P3AT ... sometimes front
Um .... TMI. I don't want to know. :shock:
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
The Quiet Man

Post by The Quiet Man »

STI Guardian (45 acp) in a Galco IWB rig. In the field I carry a Ruger GP100. I have various other handguns at my disposal, but those are my primaries.
Spatially Adjusted

Post by Spatially Adjusted »

On or near me virtually 100% of the time (particularly now that Georgia has started to bring common sense back into her gun laws): my Kel-Tec P3AT.

If I'm headed into the 'sportier' sections of Atlanta or Clayton County, or any of the major regional shopping malls then it's my S&W 3913.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

1. Makarov
2. P-64 (Walther PPK clone in 9x18)

I want something in a 1911 platform, but funds have not yet become available (read: I can't quit spending my other money first on milsurps as I find them. Is that like a premature disbursement?)

[begin serious thread derailment/heated argument] What's the best 1911 style gun for concealed carry?

AZMARK - how do you like the FEG Hi-Power clone? Those seem interesting to me.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Weetabix wrote:1. Makarov
2. P-64 (Walther PPK clone in 9x18)

I
[begin serious thread derailment/heated argument] What's the best 1911 style gun for concealed carry?

Careful, that question might be loaded! Seriously, I can carry a full-size 1911 in an IWB holster easier than a .38 snubbie. That said, the 38+ oz. of a steel framed 1911 does get a trifle wearisome. I think I'm going to start looking for a Caspian titanium frame, and build a carry gun on that, since it would weigh (in Commander length) about 26 oz., and would be more durable than an aluminum one.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I carry my XD .45 compact with the shorter mag in an inside the waistband holster, and my 1911 A1, only lightly customized, somewhere else, depending on how I'm dressed.

Who says a back up gun has to be small?
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
randy

Post by randy »

Weetabix wrote:AZMARK - how do you like the FEG Hi-Power clone? Those seem interesting to me.
I'm not AZMARK, nor do I play one on TV.....

IIRC the FEG's are very true, quality copies of the FN BHP's. I don't recall reading or hearing of anyone with one that didn't like it because it was Hungarian, and, again IIRC, I think the Charles Daly HPs were actualy manufactured in the same factory as the FEGs. (I'll have to double check that)

I'm very happy with my BHPs as carry pieces and have no real interest in getting anything else for CCW, except maybe a J frame for a BUG and casual carry.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Spatially Adjusted

Post by Spatially Adjusted »

randy wrote:
Weetabix wrote:AZMARK - how do you like the FEG Hi-Power clone? Those seem interesting to me.
I'm not AZMARK, nor do I play one on TV.....

IIRC the FEG's are very true, quality copies of the FN BHP's. I don't recall reading or hearing of anyone with one that didn't like it because it was Hungarian, and, again IIRC, I think the Charles Daly HPs were actualy manufactured in the same factory as the FEGs. (I'll have to double check that)

I'm very happy with my BHPs as carry pieces and have no real interest in getting anything else for CCW, except maybe a J frame for a BUG and casual carry.
My FEG HiPower was better finished and more accurate than my FN HiPower. Cost less than half as much, too. Kicking myself for not picking up one of the Charles Daly models before they went out of production.
clyde621

Post by clyde621 »

Glock 19 for hot or humid weather, Star PD in 45 regular wear or winter wear with back up of model 10 smith with +P 125 JHP in jacket pocket.
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.
Theodore Roosevelt
AZMARK

Post by AZMARK »

Weetabix wrote:

AZMARK - how do you like the FEG Hi-Power clone? Those seem interesting to me.
I'm really beginning to like it, the only issue I have so far is remembering it doesn't have a beavertail like the Springer. I've been bitten a couple of times rapid fire when my grip was just bit too high.
My favorite story of his ended with "...and so he went out the back door in his bathrobe, flipped the AK to 'Afrikaner', and started hosing the baboons off his tennis court." - Tam