Campus Concealed Carry Debate

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Vonz90

Campus Concealed Carry Debate

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat

Re: Campus Concealed Carry Debate

Post by Netpackrat »

Others point out that legal gun owners on campus will be difficult to distinguish from active shooters,
Clue: The active shooter is the guy shooting people.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Precision

Post by Precision »

why is it so difficult for people to understand basic facts?

If I can manage to not shoot up the various parts of the country I have been in for the last 12+ years as a CCW holder, why will that suddenly change when I set foot on a college (or other) campus?

Why does my t-shirt covering my pistol create such a magical ward against panic and mayhem compared to my dress shirt being tucked in like a civilized man?

Why are liberals and (some) cops so unable to distinguish between a holstered gun napping on my hip and a series of loud bangs, high velocity impacts and scent of burnt gun powder that would be native to an active shooter scene?

Oh wait. never mind.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Jered

Post by Jered »

Moreover, the eleven U.S. colleges and universities that currently allow concealed carry on campus have not seen any resulting incidents of gun violence, gun accidents, or gun thefts.
Clue.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Campus carry has been the law here for years. CU tried to make an issue of it, but failed. It's been a complete nonstarter.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Because Da Feelz!
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
randy

Post by randy »

As of this week Ohio colleges and universities can no longer hide behind state law to put up Criminal Protection Zone signs. They now have to decide and take responsibility for putting them up.

I think the majority had a knee jerk "keep the signs up", but I take it as another minor step forward. As the culture becomes more accepting, as CCW becomes more normalized, and as more areas open up their campuses with no "blood in the streets", it gives an opportunity to work on individual schools rather that taking them on all at once.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Heh, CCW carriers acting like a virus.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

TheArmsman wrote:Heh, CCW carriers acting like a virus.
More like the vaccine.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop