The guns criminals carry.

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Cybrludite

The guns criminals carry.

Post by Cybrludite »

Linkage. I was interested to note that many of them were missing the magazines. I unload mine and take the magazine with me when I get to work (No guns for employees, even if the signage is incomplete to legally make it a victim disarmament zone), and I'm sure others do likewise. I wonder if some or all the magless ones are ones stolen from gun free zone parking lots?
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
g-man

Re: The guns criminals carry.

Post by g-man »

The percentage of guns unloaded or non-functional is what caught my attention. I would posit that many of us do reasonably significant testing of the ammo we carry, to ensure that it feeds without issue in our weapon of choice. We also clean and lubricate weapons after testing, and carry full magazines/cylinders of said tested quality ammo. If an attacker has an approximately 40% chance of being unloaded or non-functional within three rounds, I'm carrying a full magazine and reload(s), I know my weapon is going to go bang when I need it to, and it's highly likely I have more training and experience than he does... my odds in a 1:1 confrontation just went way, way up. Shooters, watch your lanes...
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum