He picked the wrong pharmacy

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
PawPaw

Re: He picked the wrong pharmacy

Post by PawPaw »

Greg wrote:Seems to have been knocked out of battery and then wedged in that position with debris. Not going to shoot that way.

I hope nobody is going to claim the THIRD shot (the fatal one) was therefore murder or something, because the second shot had managed to effectively disarm the bad guy. But you know somebody is going to try....
There is no way that the pharmacist could have known that the pistol was disabled. It was pointed at him, and that's all he needed to know. It seems that the District Attorney has reached the same conclusion.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Greg

Post by Greg »

PawPaw wrote:
Greg wrote:Seems to have been knocked out of battery and then wedged in that position with debris. Not going to shoot that way.

I hope nobody is going to claim the THIRD shot (the fatal one) was therefore murder or something, because the second shot had managed to effectively disarm the bad guy. But you know somebody is going to try....
There is no way that the pharmacist could have known that the pistol was disabled. It was pointed at him, and that's all he needed to know. It seems that the District Attorney has reached the same conclusion.
Yes, that's obvious to everyone sane. Nevertheless there will be someone.... (if the robber were black it probably would have happened already)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Malthorn

Post by Malthorn »

Anti-gun tards will latch on to anything.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Goblin's gun looks like a Sig....
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Greg

Post by Greg »

Termite wrote:Goblin's gun looks like a Sig....
Maybe, maybe. I might even go so far as to suggest it looks like a railed 9mm P226. :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

I'm impressed. Pharmacist gets first shot off within 3 seconds of BG producing pistol. It takes him 2 seconds to get clear shot because 2 other employees are in the way. 3rd shot is 7 seconds after BG produced gun.

Pharmacist connected with all three shots.

BG had multiple targets and failed to identify the threat until he had taken the first hit.

Time to take another practical pistol class. I don't think I could match the pharmacist's performance in a drill.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Greg wrote:Huh. Picture appears to be a railed 9mm P226.
Yeah, robbing a small town pharmacy with an $800 pistol. So, if successful, he pulls maybe $300 out of the register? Not a good ROI there.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
randy

Post by randy »

D5CAV wrote:
Greg wrote:Huh. Picture appears to be a railed 9mm P226.
Yeah, robbing a small town pharmacy with an $800 pistol. So, if successful, he pulls maybe $300 out of the register? Not a good ROI there.
Assuming of course that he bought the pistol in the first place. Or paid anywhere near retail in a back alley transaction.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

D5CAV wrote:Yeah, robbing a small town pharmacy with an $800 pistol. So, if successful, he pulls maybe $300 out of the register? Not a good ROI there.
Oh, I don't know. I know guys who use $10K tools to do $200 jobs, but they intend to do a lot of them over several years. Maybe this guy wanted a good tool, and intended to hold up lots of pharmacies, and depreciate his investment over several years.

Or, maybe he was just a dumbass.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

randy wrote:Assuming of course that he bought the pistol in the first place. Or paid anywhere near retail in a back alley transaction.
Where ARE those back alley transactions we always hear about. How come the BG's get all the good deals?

Oh, yeah. That whole felonious transfer of stolen property... Never mind.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D