Concealed Carrier Shoots Cop Killer in Georgia

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Linkarooni - we need to get the word out about all these CCW-holders doing GOOD THINGS, to help counter the BULLSHIT claims by the anti's that they don't haven and it's all just a big myth (too bad the fucker's not DEAD):
June 11 2014
by Dan Cannon

Griffin Police Officer Kevin Jordan (pictured), age 43, was shot in the back multiple times after removing some disorderly patrons from a Waffle House where he was working as private security.

After one of the suspects became physical, Jordan moved to place her under arrest, however the suspect’s boyfriend drew a firearm and shot Officer Jordan several times in the back, killing him.

Kevin Jordan’s brother, Raymond Jordan, was also at the Waffle House that night. He is not a police officer, but possesses a permit to carry a weapon, which he was doing that night. Raymond drew his gun and opened fire on the suspect, identified as 30-year-old Michael Dwayne Bowman.

Bowman was struck several times, but lived through the encounter. He is in critical condition at an area hospital.

According to local media reports,
  • “My only regret, I don’t want to be bitter. My only regret, I didn’t kill him,” said Raymond Jordan.

Bowman’s aunt said she was devastated by the deadly shooting that took Jordan’s life.

“That’s somebody’s son; daddy. I mean, I don’t even know what to feel. I’m so sorry for that famly,” Darlene Buhlinger told Channel 2′s Steve Gehlbach.
The suspects in the crime are identified as Bowman, who pulled the trigger, his girlfriend Chantell Mixon, who started the altercation, and a third person, 23 year old Tyler Taylor. It is unclear what charges Mixon and Taylor will face.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Termite

Re: Concealed Carrier Shoots Cop Killer in Georgia

Post by Termite »

I bet he will get free drinks for life at the local LEO watering hole..........
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I expect I would have finished the fucker and his friends, too.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Why wasn't that cop wearing his vest?
however the suspect’s boyfriend drew a firearm and shot Officer Jordan several times in the back, killing him.
In the vast majority of LEOs killed in the line of duty, the two things that we see over an over are 1) the cop wasn't using the seat belt, and 2) the cop wasn't wearing his vest.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the damn thing, it's hot, it's uncomfortable, and it adds ten pounds to my walking-around weight, but it saves lives. If officer Jordan had been wearing it, he might have survived the encounter.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Netpackrat wrote:I expect I would have finished the fucker and his friends, too.
Yeah, but no. It's not a perfect world---the one needed her ass heavily kicked ragged, not killed (this time). The boyfriend? 20,000V as a lesson to others after he recovers. The CCW holder? Better training and ammo.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Old Grafton wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:I expect I would have finished the fucker and his friends, too.
Yeah, but no. It's not a perfect world---the one needed her ass heavily kicked ragged, not killed (this time). The boyfriend? 20,000V as a lesson to others after he recovers. The CCW holder? Better training and ammo.
I only have one brother and I am quite attached to him. At that point I wouldn't give a shit about anything other than what I had just seen. Did you not catch the fact reported in the article, that the murdered cop was the CCWer's brother?

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

PawPaw wrote:Why wasn't that cop wearing his vest?
however the suspect’s boyfriend drew a firearm and shot Officer Jordan several times in the back, killing him.
Based on what was in the linked story, we don't know he wasn't. He could have take a hit above the vest (neck or head) or below, or through an armpit and bled out, or maybe he took several hits close enough together that the rounds defeated the vest (why it's properly called body armor, not "bullet proof").

Assuming that the reporter accurately described where the officer was hit in the first place, not a bet I'd be willing to take.

Or, maybe he wasn't wearing a vest. Point is I wouldn't do a detailed tactical critique based on a journalist's report.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Netpackrat wrote:
Old Grafton wrote:
I only have one brother and I am quite attached to him. At that point I wouldn't give a shit about anything other than what I had just seen. Did you not catch the fact reported in the article, that the murdered cop was the CCWer's brother?
Yeah. I caught it. I'm just as attached to my family, and I hope I'd do it as well as the brother. You should only kill active threats. The Officer's brother did it right.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Old Grafton wrote:Yeah. I caught it. I'm just as attached to my family, and I hope I'd do it as well as the brother. You should only kill active threats. The Officer's brother did it right.
Honestly, if I were in the brother's shoes, probably the only thing that would save anybody who was with the murdering POS would be that I am pretty sure it would take every round of ammunition I was carrying to stop the POS.

Termite

Post by Termite »

If you follow the link to the local news story, you will find:
Police said the bullets may have struck him in the shoulder area. Jordan was wearing bullet-proof vest at the time of the shooting, police confirmed.
Link
My speculation: he caught the first bullet in the vest back, started turning to respond, and a bullet went in at the neck/shoulder area, or near the arm opening area, traveling downward/across and thru his chest.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."