Intruder surprised by armed, naked homeowner

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Linkarooni:
Homeowner held suspect until police arrived
Steve Fiorina
Posted: 11:05 PM, Apr 29, 2014
Updated:11:48 PM, Apr 29, 2014

SAN DIEGO - It was a bizarre end to an attempted burglary at a Point Loma home early Tuesday.

Keith Groves heard a crashing sound and then another at 4:22 a.m.

"I jumped out of bed," he said. "I don't sleep with any clothes on and I was stark naked. I looked out and saw the garage door was open and my kitchen window was broken."

Groves ran back to the bedroom for one item: a handgun. He did not bother to dress.

"And I went outside with no clothes and saw this guy standing in the garage and I confronted him, tried to be as bad-looking as I possibly could, probably pretty funny-looking," said Groves. "I yelled real loud to my neighbor, 'Joel, call the cops.'"

The garage houses a classic in mint condition: a '32 Ford Roadster. The man was standing next to it, smoking a cigarette.

Groves tried to project an image as he stood on his driveway in all his glory, pointing a gun at the would-be burglar.

"I'm not going to tell you what I said on camera because it was very vulgar," he said. "I dropped a bunch of f-bombs and tried to sound like a real bad guy, which I'm not … But I impressed him that I was."

Soon, he heard the welcome sound of sirens. A patrol officer arrived and the retired San Diego Fire-Rescue Department battalion chief was able to get dressed.

He has a belated New Year's resolution.

"I will put some shorts by my bed," he said.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rod

Re: Intruder surprised by armed, naked homeowner

Post by Rod »

In California, the burglar might have been admiring the man's "gun" instead of worrying about his gun. "Gee, you REALLY ARE glad to see me."
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

"Often nude but never naked"
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

Aglifter wrote:"Often nude but never naked"
Always outnumbered, never outgunned :lol:
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

The intruder should have been intimidated by a man unfazed by a night raid and fearless enough to join battle "berserk", i.e. shirtless, or naked.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Windy Wilson wrote:The intruder should have been intimidated by a man unfazed by a night raid and fearless enough to join battle "berserk", i.e. shirtless, or naked.
If only he had the time to paint himself blue before attacking. FREEDOM!!! :lol:
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.