Woman fatally shoots DRUNK OFF-DUTY HFD firefighter

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Netpackrat

Re: Woman fatally shoots DRUNK OFF-DUTY HFD firefighter

Post by Netpackrat »

Yogimus wrote:What I meant was: A frightened 64-year-old woman shot and killed a man [strike]she thought[/strike] that was [strike]trying to get[/strike] breaking into her Porter-area home Monday night, according to deputies.
I kind of figured that's where you were going, but your comment could also be taken to mean that she wasn't thinking.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
308Mike

Re: Woman fatally shoots DRUNK OFF-DUTY HFD firefighter

Post by 308Mike »

skb12172 wrote:
Weetabix wrote:It's a sad thing, to be sure, but a cautionary tale about incapacitating yourself and then relying on everyone else to look out for you.
Yup. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
I can only hope his "buddies" at the bar, who called him a cab to take him home since he was so TOTALLY smashed/out-of-it, would have AT LEAST sent one of their more sober group with him to ENSURE he got home and into the house/bed okay, so perhaps they MIGHT be feeling a LITTLE BIT guilty by letting him go home alone without ensuring his safety on the way home and into his house. I KNOW I WOULD, if one of MY friends was so smashed out of his mind he couldn't find his way home by his-self, and he DIED after trying to FORCIBLY ENTER THE WRONG HOUSE, I'd feel TERRIBLE (and the poor woman is VERY UPSET about what happened - but she's NOT at fault here)!!!

But then again, I try and take care of my friends, no matter their state, and will protect them whenever I can, so I NEVER get to the point where I don't know that I'm doing (besides, I HATE hangovers - they simply are NOT worth it!! I have a hard enough time remembering things anyway, I don't NEED alcoholic blackouts to contribute to the problem - you know, after you hit 50 years old, CRS [Can't Remember Shit] starts to creep in).
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad