Defensive Tactics Against Mobs

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
henrybowman

Re: Defensive Tactics Against Mobs

Post by henrybowman »

Kommander wrote:
Aesop wrote:
Windy Wilson wrote:Aesop, what ammunition does the LAPD use? If I'm informed correctly Santa Monica PD used Silvertips.
Not sure any more; they used to go with Federal's 9BP load, but now they can all carry about any-damn-thing from 9mm -.45 they can qual with, so I'm not sure what dept regs there permit any more.

If you want I can ask my ex LAPD and/or LASD instructors.

What did he stay?
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

henrybowman wrote:
Kommander wrote:If you want I can ask my ex LAPD and/or LASD instructors.

What did he stay?
I think he said:
Kommander wrote:If you want I can ask my ex LAPD and/or LASD instructors.
8-)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

LAPD EQUIPMENT Link

Gear queer heaven, without any helpful actual information.
They've finally entered the 21st century, and carry so many guns/loads, that you'd need a separate website to catalog them.
I'm sure there's some cop groupie website(s) out there to break it all down, but the reality is they carry a plethora of crap.

And about 10-20% of them actually know WTF they're doing with it.

FTR, the LAPD defensive tactic against mobs is to fall back to Dodger Stadium and the MTA central bus yard, fort up, and wait for the National Guard and the 1st MarDiv to deploy with shoot-on-sight ROEs to rescue them, then they slink back out and start asserting their authoritay.
At least, that's been their official policy going back as far as 1965-present.

If you need a speeding ticket, they're hell on wheels; they're pretty good at beating up motorists and shooting up the wrong car in murder sprees.
But when it comes to catching obviously guilty double-murderers or stopping riots, they tend to suck ass.
Competence, not so much. But Diversity and Equal Opportunity!

Since the late 1980s-early 1990s, it's become pretty apparent that the missing word on their vehicle doors should be "To protect and serve ourselves".
L.A. deserves them. 8-)
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

The ex sheriff recalls that they use Winchester 147 gr. ammunition, most likely Ranger. The LAPD detective is not much of a gun person and they did not remember off had what they use other than hollow points but they said they would find out.
henrybowman

Post by henrybowman »

Tamir Rice and other shootings by the police might result in more riots...
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

henrybowman wrote:Tamir Rice and other shootings by the police might result in more riots...
In this case it is becoming increasingly clear that the best defensive tactic against mobs is to disarm the police, preventing their formation in the first place.