A bit of leather to tie things up

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
ZeroGravitas

A bit of leather to tie things up

Post by ZeroGravitas »

My late father made some knives in the 70's from beat-up old bayonets bought cheaply by the dozen.

My 7 year old was exploring the room of death last month, and asked if he could pick something out.
"Of course!" sez I (SWMBO? - Forgiveness not permission) and so he picks out one of the Dad-mades and declares it his short sword. This one had a wood sheath and Dad said he was going to make a frog for it....one day. "How can I wear it?" asks Miles.

With some basic leatherwork, Dad's knife gets a frog and his grandson has a short sword. All's right in the world.

Short Sword :)

Enfield marking?
Drone 7 of lots more

Re: A bit of leather to tie things up

Post by Drone 7 of lots more »

Name it Sting? And does it glow when zombies are about?
Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

:cry: I've got something in my eye...

Treasure these moments, friend -- but then, it seems you already know that... ;)

DD
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Drone 7 of lots more wrote:Name it Sting? And does it glow when zombies are about?
Sting is a name for hairy footed wierdos with a breakfast obsession.

It needs a better name, like say Naegling?

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Drone 7 of lots more

Post by Drone 7 of lots more »

HTRN wrote:
Drone 7 of lots more wrote:Name it Sting? And does it glow when zombies are about?
Sting is a name for hairy footed wierdos with a breakfast obsession.

It needs a better name, like say Naegling?

HTRN
You say breakfast obsession like it's a bad thing...BACON Forever!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Drone 7 of lots more wrote:BACON Forever!
Yup.

And are you implying that they AREN'T hairy footed wierdos?

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Very nice leather working there!
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

That does have a pseudo-gladius look to it. Your dad did a very good job remodeling that old bayonet. Now your son needs a shield and armor so he can serve in the neighborhood legion. :lol:
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

Good job. How about Serpent Breath?
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult