"Defense" knife question...

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Aglifter

Re: "Defense" knife question...

Post by Aglifter »

Should clarify -- TX only allows me to carry a folder, w. a blade less than 4". Lovely looking knives, though.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

I don't carry a "Defense" knife, I carry a "Utility" knife -- a Buck Tempest with a 3-1/2" blade.

http://www.knifecountryusa.com/store/pr ... ndles.html

The blade says "Made in the USA", but I don't know if it was assembled here or manufactured here. It is a good knife -- nicely finished.

I used to carry a Spyderco Endura as my "Utility" knife, but decided I liked the assisted opening feature of the Buck Tempest. The blade is a little smaller than the Endura, but the finish is nicer and it has the assisted opening feature. Good steel, good design, good knife.

I sharpen it once a month whether it needs it or not. A day doesn't go by that I don't use it to cut something (if nothing more than trimming my hangnail).
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

You know, if I had to get into a fight with a knife, I'd be more than happy with my 50 dollar Ka-Bar.

Not particularly easy to carry around all the time, but then, I suppose there are tradeoffs.
Chicks dig fixed bayonets
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

For what I consider to be a fighting knife, style of blade and handle, good for slashing and stabbing and so I list the following folders from my personal collection:

SOG
Aegis, Bluto (Just love it but small), Fatcat, Meridian, Stingray, Tomcat, Vulcan

C R K T
Triumph, M4, M16, M21, M60 SOTFB (A Brute), The Natural (Real pretty), My Tighe, Fulcrum Flame (Smooth), Ron Lake Sentinel, Gerry McGinnis Tuition and Summa...

Cold Steel
AK47, Black Sable, Espada, Scimitar, Talwar, Spartan, Gunsite l & ll (Marginal but scales help to hold grip), Large (4”) or XL (5”)Vaquero (Pure fighter) and on close-out sale gives me an excuse to order a Grande (6") and a Medium (3")…
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Anza Knives are still made in the good 'ol USA:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad