'stabless knives' on sale in the UK

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
D5CAV

'stabless knives' on sale in the UK

Post by D5CAV »

I feel safer already.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 501720.ece

Now they just need to replace cricket bats with whiffle bats and London will be all safey-wafey!
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Denis

Re: 'stabless knives' on sale in the UK

Post by Denis »

Of course, they will ban angle-grinders, sandpaper, rough stones and concrete walls so that no-one can ever put a point on that stabless knife.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

What's next, everyone has to eat with sporks?

I'll give up my fillet knife when they pry it from my cold, dead, fish-smelling hands.
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

I happen to like the stabby factor in my knives. In fact, some days, I'd appreciate MORE stabbiness!
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

To put this into real English, what they're authorizing is "Slasher" knives. Once they realize that, even these safety knives will be history.
No, you won't be allowed to eat with sporks, they have those points, you know.
It's rubber spoons and pureed vegetables (baby food, not to put too fine a point on it) for every Briton, now.
Britannia no longer rules the waves, and whether "England never, never, never, shall be slaves" is open to dispute, but they are all accelerating on the slide towards infantilization.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Erik

Post by Erik »

I remember years ago, when the powers that be in their infinite wisdom decided to further limit the number of rifles a hunter could own. For once, representatives of hunters were actually allowed to speak in a tv debate, and they pointed out the stupidity of limiting hunting rifles, since the most common murder weapon (at that time) was a common kitchen knife used at the spur of the moment, yet noone tried to make a law to remove the pointy end from them.
I guess they caught up with that idea in the UK now. :roll:

I really cant see how removing the point would make it much safer, there is still the edge on it, and a kitchen knife really doesnt really look that strong to make it a good stabber. Then again, I never really tried to stab anything with one.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne
chrisb

Post by chrisb »

How about icepicks?

Hammers?

A stick?

Idiots, one and all.
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Windy Wilson wrote:To put this into real English, what they're authorizing is "Slasher" knives. Once they realize that, even these safety knives will be history.
The truth--you win a knife fight by slashing at his arteries; wrist, behind the knees and throat and let him drain out, become groggy and slow moving, then you slash his throat and walk away...

If you can get in close enough you stab 8, 10, 20 times quickly into the kidneys, around the collar bone, the groin to also cut blood supply and to traumatise the area...

It is a rule of knife fights, you will get cut and it's 80% slashes and 20% stabs!

The problem with stabbing is, your knife might:
* Get stuck
* Get stuck and break off
* Break off inside by hitting bone

Bayonet training was always stick, twist and withdraw!
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

chrisb wrote:How about icepicks?

Hammers?

A stick?
Screwdrivers. 2 bucks at the corner hardware store.

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
moose42

Post by moose42 »

“It can never be a totally safe knife, but the idea is you can’t inflict a fatal wound. Nobody could just grab one out of the kitchen drawer and kill someone.”
Umm yeah, well you might be able to cut JUGULAR VEINS!
Years from now our children and grandchildren living in a 3rd world America will ask "What were you doing on March 21st 2010 and why didn't you stop it?"
--Me

Come check out my blog where I share my crazy sci-fi and fantasy fiction.
Alone: King of One