Knifes you can't lose.

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
toad

Knifes you can't lose.

Post by toad »

I've notice that if I have an expensive or semi-expensive knife I tend to lose it quicker than I do some cheap little thing.

I've got a CRKT Edgie. It is not a lock blade. It is not worth bothering to open it one handed. It has a "chisel" edge so you are making a long cut you have to watch its tendency to curve the cut. It has a plastic scales. The blade is 2 3/4 inches long. It is sorta a sheep's foot blade with one long straight edge. Online it is down to about $5.

However it is always sharp. There is a 600 grit sharpener built in that hones one edge every time you open or close it. This puts a wire edge on the blade that turns it into a micro-saw blade. If you draw the edge across something it will cut it. I can take down a cardboard box for the trash quicker than I can with a box cutter. Rubber and plastic the same.
Dub_James

Re: Knifes you can't lose.

Post by Dub_James »

Eh, where are you getting it for 5 bucks online???
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Dub_James wrote:Eh, where are you getting it for 5 bucks online???
Cheapest I found was $18.00!
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

CRKT lists it at 29 bucks.

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

I have every model of CRKT made except for two styles that I'll never own by any maker--First is the gut hook knife and the second is the folder with the notch cut out of the blade like a Spyderco which is what the Edgie has...

Iron City is sold out of them

Knife Outlook has them for $20.00...

Knife Center has them for $19.00...

Knives USA for $19.50...

***Knife Works has them for $12.00...

Knives Town also for $20.00...

Blade Crazy as well for $20.00

One Stop Knife Shop has them for $22.00...

Knife Depot for $25.00...

There are lots of CRKT knives in that same price category...Laredo, Pazoda, The H.U.G. that I really like, Carson M16, KISS,
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

SeekHer wrote:I have every model of CRKT made except for two styles that I'll never own by any maker--First is the gut hook knife and the second is the folder with the notch cut out of the blade like a Spyderco which is what the Edgie has...

Iron City is sold out of them

Knife Outlook has them for $20.00...

Knife Center has them for $19.00...

Knives USA for $19.50...

***Knife Works has them for $12.00...

Knives Town also for $20.00...

Blade Crazy as well for $20.00

One Stop Knife Shop has them for $22.00...

Knife Depot for $25.00...

There are lots of CRKT knives in that same price category...Laredo, Pazoda, The H.U.G. that I really like, Carson M16, KISS,
My god you have some time on your hands my friend.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
toad

Post by toad »

MY BAD:

I was at the Knife Depot site and I locked on the $5 and didn't read the part about Save $5. :oops:

The $18 to $25 prices are it.

http://www.knife-depot.com/knife-52645.html