CA Show - Just for Mike

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
SeekHer

CA Show - Just for Mike

Post by SeekHer »

Mike I’ve been scouring the knife forums I belong to and finally came up with this for next weekend…Hope you can attend…I’d even join the club as it would be cheaper then paying two adult admissions for two days…I know that you can get great buys from the monthly business meeting; at one point I was attending three different clubs a month for meeting and could have gone to two more new ones but they conflicted with my older clubs dates..

I hope you guys can attend it sounds like a great show.

Southern California Blades are having their knife show
March 6, 7 and 8
Pasadena Convention Center

Southern California Blades Knife Collectors Assoc

California’s Largest, Oldest & Finest Knife Show

PASADENA CONFERENCE CENTER
300 EAST GREEN STREET • PASADENA, CALIFORNIA
March 6, 7, 8 - 2009
Open to the general public - Come one and all to have a great time

FRIDAY 12:00 NOON - 7:00 PM
SATURDAY 10:00AM - 6:00 PM
SUNDAY 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

$8.00 per person
Club members free admission
**Active United States Military Free

CUSTOM KNIVES • ANTIQUE KNIVES • SWORDS • RAZORS

SUPPLIES & EQUIPMENT• PRIZE WINNING COLLECTIONS

SEE THE LATEST IN FACTORY KNIVES

CONTINUOUS RAFFLES and DEMONSTRATIONS

KNIFE THROWING by BOB KARP • KNIFE FORGING by RED ST. CYR

ROPE CUTTING & KNIFE MAKING DEMONSTRATIONS

WOOD CARVING by California Wood Carvers

AMATEUR KNIFE MAKING CONTEST OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

The next Club meeting is the first Tuesday of Each Month
Room Opens at 7:00 pm
Meetings start at 8:00 PM
BRING KNIVES TO SHOW !

CLUB MEETING LOCATION
Monthly meeting at Monteverde Park in Lakewood.
The park will be open to us from 7 p.m to 10 p.m. and the meetings will be conducted between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. as usual.
Please note that the park is North of the 405 fwy. and South of the 91 fwy.

About Us
Southern California Blades Knife Collectors Club has been in existence since 1979. Our founding President was Lowell Shelhart. We have sponsored the Annual Knife Expo shows since 1986. We have members nation wide.
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
308Mike

Re: CA Show - Just for Mike

Post by 308Mike »

DAMN, I'm just now seeing this and it's TODAY and TOMORROW. If it was here in town, I'd go, but I've got too many irons in the fire this weekend to take off up to Pasadena.

Thanks SeekHer!

If you happen to see one at the San Diego Convention Center or any in San Diego, please let me know by email too. :)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

308Mike wrote:DAMN, I'm just now seeing this and it's TODAY and TOMORROW. If it was here in town, I'd go, but I've got too many irons in the fire this weekend to take off up to Pasadena.

Thanks SeekHer!

If you happen to see one at the San Diego Convention Center or any in San Diego, please let me know by email too. :)
I've made it a life's task trying to find S. Cal. knife shows for the two you...My biggest problem is not knowing what counties or cities are near to you, so I'll just post them as I find them...

I may--emphasis may--be getting a sword in trade that you'll be wanting, a genuine WW2 Gov. issue Japanese Officer's Sword and frog in primo condition, far too late a period for my tastes but a very lovely working blade...Probably for a bit more then what you paid for the other!

I'll keep you informed...
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

SeekHer wrote:
308Mike wrote:DAMN, I'm just now seeing this and it's TODAY and TOMORROW. If it was here in town, I'd go, but I've got too many irons in the fire this weekend to take off up to Pasadena.

Thanks SeekHer!

I've made it a life's task trying to find S. Cal. knife shows for the two you...My biggest problem is not knowing what counties or cities are near to you, so I'll just post them as I find them...

I may--emphasis may--be getting a sword in trade that you'll be wanting, a genuine WW2 Gov. issue Japanese Officer's Sword and frog in primo condition, far too late a period for my tastes but a very lovely working blade...Probably for a bit more then what you paid for the other!

I'll keep you informed...
PLEASE DO!

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

What exactly do mean by "frog" - I'm not fully informed with the terminology in the Japanese Katana market, and not really sure what you mean by "frog":
issue Japanese Officer's Sword and frog in primo condition
Frog?

Please educate me.

Thanks!

SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

The device used to secure the scabbard to the belt...usually a canvas or leather loop which would have the belt slide through it and the scabbard would drop into and be held in place by the little tab or the metals tops or just by friction fit...