Buck Knife Model 110 now @ $28

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Catbird

Re: Buck Knife Model 110 @ $28

Post by Catbird »

I just got mine via UPS today:
buck box.jpg
buck open.jpg
One forgets just how shiny the brass is on a new Buck knife that hasn't been scuffed up with use.

The fit and finish look good. The blade is tight with little to no wobble. The blade isn't super sharp. I can run my finger lightly along the edge without cutting myself. I can feel and see a slight roughness from the grind. It shouldn't be too hard to put a nice edge on it though. The manufacturing date code shows that it was made in 2015. Many commenters at Amazon said that some of the knives they received were marked as 50th anniversary editions, like this one. I like the plain one just fine.

Verdict: I'm very happy with these. I may have to buy a couple more at this price.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

The sheath that comes with it seems to be the biggest disappointment. Feels real cheap.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

HTRN wrote:The sheath that comes with it seems to be the biggest disappointment. Feels real cheap.
That's because your supposed to make your own! :mrgreen:
Denis

Post by Denis »

Catbird wrote:Verdict: I'm very happy with these. I may have to buy a couple more at this price.
Shiny!! I also could not pass those up at that price. I ordered one for myself, and one for CC... now I just have to figure out how to get to Texas and pick mine up!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I usually just throw the belt pouch in the trash.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

HTRN wrote:The sheath that comes with it seems to be the biggest disappointment. Feels real cheap.
La vaina es hecho en Mexico. Te digo esto por si te interesa.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Denis wrote:Shiny!! I also could not pass those up at that price. I ordered one for myself, and one for CC... now I just have to figure out how to get to Texas and pick mine up!
You will, of course, let us know the details of your trip so those of us interested have an opportunity to witness the transfer and say hi, if possible? ;)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

I decided to order a couple this weekend. While it seems a little big for pocket carry for EDC, it looks to be an excellent tackle box/tool box knife, and it's the folder by which all others are judged.

I'm convinced that knives and flashlights are two things you can never have enough of, and that a bunch of middle-quality (and price) ones are better than one expensive one.
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Yeah, my two came to me quickly, and in great shape. One blade has just a tiny bit of wobble, the other not at all. The sheaths are good for keeping them in a glove box or tool box, so they don't get banged up. They both seem pretty sharp for a factory job. I don't usually keep mine "shaving sharp" anyway. That's a great price on an icon of my youth, I'm grateful to have gotten them. Thanks for the heads up!
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Dang you guys. You kept talking about this, and now I bought some.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D