Ye Olde Blade Picture Thread.

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Netpackrat

Ye Olde Blade Picture Thread.

Post by Netpackrat »

I can has sticky, pleez?

I bought this from a cow-orker a few months ago, but I haven't used it for anything yet:

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Termite

Re: Ye Olde Blade Picture Thread.

Post by Termite »

I've got a couple of those. They are......interesting.

Reading a bit on the history of the kukris, apparently the Nepalese think of them more as tools, instead of a weapon. And they make them from truck springs.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Got a bunch of quiet little Nepali refugee/immigrant men who sit in the back row at church. Their English is non-existent to poor but I sometimes wonder if they are subscribers to General Mattis' dictum (polite, professional, but...)
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

My go-to knife for several decades has been the Case Sodbuster.

Simple, plain design, it's stood the test of time and continues to give yeoman service. There's one in my pocket right now. The smooth contour of the handle doesn't poke holes in my pants, and the steel in the blade is easy to sharpen and holds and edge for a long time.

There's a lot to like in a simple Case Sodbuster.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Denis

Post by Denis »

Netpackrat wrote:I can has sticky, pleez?
Yes, you can has sticky :D
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Kershaw Blur is my EDC. I have a few of them because I constantly misplace them. Maybe I should build a knife holder to put next to my key holder...

blur.png
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

97SMATS_m.jpg
Recently picked up one of these to replace the cheap Chinese machete I had been keeping in my truck. It'll most definitely do the trick.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Stabby sticky slicey thing .....
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg
p4.jpg
p5.jpg
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

PawPaw wrote:My go-to knife for several decades has been the Case Sodbuster.

Simple, plain design, it's stood the test of time and continues to give yeoman service. There's one in my pocket right now. The smooth contour of the handle doesn't poke holes in my pants, and the steel in the blade is easy to sharpen and holds and edge for a long time.

There's a lot to like in a simple Case Sodbuster.
I bought one a few years ago, based on your recommendation. Yellow handle, of course. No complaints.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Termite wrote:And they make them from truck springs.
Domestic lt springs are 5160 generally, and make greak camp knives and big bowies, cheap tough and holds a good, not great edge.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt