Muslim meets gentleman with folder.

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
toad

Muslim meets gentleman with folder.

Post by toad »

In certain parts of the US people carry knives on a pretty regular basis and some have a pretty good idea how to use them.
I expect that some day a Muslim is going to whip out a kitchen knife and some old timer will tell him, "I'm going to gut you like a chicken boy."
In my neck of the woods, folders and fixed blades run from about 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 inches. They can't be double edged by law. The last time I checked Texas law on this.
evan price

Re: Muslim meets gentleman with folder.

Post by evan price »

Texas would also be where two jihadi geniuses rolled up to the "draw muhammed" site, hoped out intending to shoot a bunch of people and got taken all the way out by an off-duty cop with a handgun without killing anyone.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

I had never seen the aftermath of a knife fight until one day I actually saw arterial blood spurting out of an arm wound. I happened to get there before the emts. Count me among those hesitant to bring a knife to a gun fight. Just for the sheer immediate blood loss if nothing else....
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

yup knives can be very messy , although a large bore hand gun can be much more effective .
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

"In a knife fight, the winner goes to the hospital. The loser goes to the morgue."

I've also heard it as,

"In a knife fight, the winner gets to die in the ambulance."
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

It stopped being trendy to fight with knives back around the time himself, Jim Bowie, was still talking and breathing, not coincidentally right around the time Sam Colt made an impression on cultural behavior.

Any serious use since then is bad luck/happenstance, poor planning, or low IQ.

Any muzzie incident has at least two of those factors nailed down by default.

And if Islamotards continue to rely upon "Gain their trust, then see what you can monkeywrench with low-tech/low IQ/low participant count incidents", they will achieve what they didn't plan on: even the slow learners will learn to start shooting them on sight, and their homelands will be treated with all the tender loving care that Scipio gave to Carthage in the Third Punic War.

Be still, my beating heart.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
toad

Post by toad »

I carry a knife but it is not my choice for even a secondary weapon. It is for when I'm so out of it that I don't recognize the threat and to step back or to the side to get my carry pistol into action. It is more of a "I'll take you with me" option.
I notice the police around here carry folders but I think it more for breaking windshields, scraping off stickers, and cutting safety belts.

They make a lot of good combinations of carry pistols and ammunition these days. My opinion is if you have to empty the pistol to get him to stop moving do so, and be blubbering and crying when you call the police. Depending on the state you live in you might get a pass, a no conviction from a grand jury, or at least a reduced sentence.

Some of the police around here carry a small fixed blade KaBar for a left hand draw that is concealed by their duty belt. I have no idea how many people carry them.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywor ... g8o3o8w7_e
Jered

Post by Jered »

toad wrote:I carry a knife but it is not my choice for even a secondary weapon. It is for when I'm so out of it that I don't recognize the threat and to step back or to the side to get my carry pistol into action. It is more of a "I'll take you with me" option.
I notice the police around here carry folders but I think it more for breaking windshields, scraping off stickers, and cutting safety belts.
You should not be walking the street in condition white.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Termite

Post by Termite »

toad wrote:Some of the police around here carry a small fixed blade KaBar for a left hand draw that is concealed by their duty belt. I have no idea how many people carry them.
WAAAAAY back in the day when I was a reserve deputy, I carried a double-edged boot knife(dagger) as a 'last ditch' backup.

I would imagine that for LEOs, using a knife had better be an absolute last resort, or they will face an uphill battle to win the 'reasonable force' arguement.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
toad

Post by toad »

I have to walk when I've taken stuff to stop my arthritis, and tendonitis pain. Some times I'm a little fuzzy. If you are elderly and limping you are a target. I've been pretty good about remembering to take my pistol and having one up the spout, cocked and locked. We've got too many drug addicts who want to take your cell phone and sell it for a $20 hit and they won't hesitate to knock you down, pull a knife, or a pistol. I have to go out some days for food or medicine regardless how I feel. I try to go out in the daylight but with overcast days, over sleeping, and friggin day light savings I'm walking in the dark and that usually makes me pretty alert.