Cold Steel sues CRKT

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Netpackrat

Cold Steel sues CRKT

Post by Netpackrat »

Looks like Lynn Thompson is off his meds again:

http://www.coldsteel.com/crkt_lawsuit.aspx

It would seem as though I have purchased my last Cold Steel product.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
slowpoke

Re: Cold Steel sues CRKT

Post by slowpoke »

Netpackrat wrote:Looks like Lynn Thompson is off his meds again:

http://www.coldsteel.com/crkt_lawsuit.aspx

It would seem as though I have purchased my last Cold Steel product.
Meh, They both sell chinese blades.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Nothing wrong with a cheap $10 knife you don't mind loosing that also works well for what it is. I think the "virtual fixed blade" bit is over the top, but certainly not lawsuit worthy.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

If CRKT's customers can show they were harmed by false claims about CRKT's products (or harmed by the products themselves), and wish to sue, that is one thing. Coming from a competitor, it's more than a little beyond the pale (and credibility). While this is certain to get smacked down by the courts, the fact that Cold Steel's "management" thinks it is okay to do this speaks volumes about the mental state of those in charge.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

yeah, looks like Cold Steel has a sense of entitlement that's getting stepped on.

Too bad so sad. Find a way to compete Cold Steel. No one owes you a monopoly. Hubris is always it's own Nemesis.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story