Recommend multi tool

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Weetabix

Re: Recommend multi tool

Post by Weetabix »

Oh, yeah. I like tools to be as small as they can be and still be practical and comfortable. I guess that's another reason I like the Wave.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

I have a pocket Leatherman that I received as a gift back when I was on flying status. Fit very nicely in the sleeve pocket of a flight suit/jacket (where I could reach even if strapped in or in a parachute harness). A little small for jobs that need a lot of leverage, but it is always there and usually good enough.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Everything but the saw is in a Leatherman skeletool. I always carry that.

I also have a Swisstool spirit that is normally in my bag, but occasionally on my belt. It is a slightly smaller version of the Swisstool. I really like mine. I think I got it for 50 some dollars.

EDIT: sorry, no can opener on the skeletool.
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

I was looking at the Wave and then saw the OHT. Thoughts, anyone?
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

Gerber MP400 Sport hits everything but the saw, and is tough as hell. I love mine. You might even be able to pick up its big brother the MP600 on your budget. My dad has one of those and loves it too.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

The MP400 Sport is on sale from $60 to $32 on Amazon right now.

And the 600 is on sale from $94 to $46.
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Leatherman supported John Kerry in the 2004 election. I try to buy Gerber when I can, but I can't always do so. Your description is pretty close to a Leatherman MUT (which I love), even though it is very large and heavy.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Just look for something on sale. A multitool is never purchased for yourself, but for whomever steals or finds it down the line.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Yogimus wrote:Just look for something on sale. A multitool is never purchased for yourself, but for whomever steals or finds it down the line.
I thought that was for pens.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Nah.
Nobody steals pens once they've seen where other people put theirs.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"