Polish M1924 bayonet

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Candyman

Polish M1924 bayonet

Post by Candyman »

On the way home, yesterday, I stopped off at a pawn shop that I don't often go to. I ran into a friend in the shop and shot the bull for a bit. Just as I was about to leave I saw this bayonet sitting in the conner of the gun rack. It was old dirty and looks like it was used as a hammer at one time. I thought to myself, This will look good on one of my Warhorses.
They wanted $45, but I got them down to $35 out the door.
I thought it was German, not as good on my bayonets as I should be.
With the help of a friend I found out that it's a Polish M1924 made to fit the Mauser M1898 rifle and carbine and the carbine Mosin M1891/98/25. Not an easy bayonet to find and worth approx. 2 to 3 times what I paid for it even in this condition.
It was manufactured by Perkun. ( Perkun or Perkunas is the ancient Slavic/Latvian thunder god )
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.