Replacement EDC Pocketknife

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
skb12172

Re: Replacement EDC Pocketknife

Post by skb12172 »

I get it, but why is the Blur scary and the Chill isn't?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

skb12172 wrote:I get it, but why is the Blur scary and the Chill isn't?
The Blur is assisted opening. The Chill is manual.
Greg

Post by Greg »

randy wrote: (*I did have a little talk with him about circumventing security locks and keeping his badge with him at all times)
Screw the knife part, but circumventing security on doors is bad. Retraining for first offense, buh-bye for second.

Even in NJ knife acceptance varies. Suburbs and rural areas, no problem. Go to say a Somerset Patriots game and half the adult men will have visible knife pocket clips.

Urban areas you might as well be in NYC.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Which makes me wonder where this Wussmania came from? How many mass stabbings have there been with pocket knives? :roll:
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

skb12172 wrote:Which makes me wonder where this Wussmania came from? How many mass stabbings have there been with pocket knives? :roll:
Only needed the one - West Side Story, to freak them out for multiple generations!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Greg

Post by Greg »

skb12172 wrote:Which makes me wonder where this Wussmania came from? How many mass stabbings have there been with pocket knives? :roll:
When you have enough people with overactive imaginations, an acquired sense of helplessness (it's what they were taught) and generally neurotic dispositions.... we get this kind of panic. Other places, when you have neurotic people with overactive imaginations who feel they are not in control of their world, you get other kinds of panic.

When people are sane, confident, generally self-reliant and feeling secure with their position in the world... you don't get panics.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Termite

Post by Termite »

Greg wrote:Other places, when you have neurotic people with overactive imaginations who feel they are not in control of their world, you get other kinds of panic. When people are sane, confident, generally self-reliant and feeling secure with their position in the world... you don't get panics.
So what you are saying is that the 10 most populated U.S. urban areas need to be "pocket nuked". Incidentally, they are also Dem-Cong strong holds.

Gee, a "two-for-one, blue-plate-special".......... :lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Greg

Post by Greg »

Termite wrote:
Greg wrote:Other places, when you have neurotic people with overactive imaginations who feel they are not in control of their world, you get other kinds of panic. When people are sane, confident, generally self-reliant and feeling secure with their position in the world... you don't get panics.
So what you are saying is that the 10 most populated U.S. urban areas need to be "pocket nuked". Incidentally, they are also Dem-Cong strong holds.

Gee, a "two-for-one, blue-plate-special".......... :lol:
A large part of the world, actually. Mass hysteria seems to be a normal part of the human condition, that we had mostly left behind.

MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Greg wrote:
When you have enough people with overactive imaginations, an acquired sense of helplessness (it's what they were taught) and generally neurotic dispositions.... we get this kind of panic. Other places, when you have neurotic people with overactive imaginations who feel they are not in control of their world, you get other kinds of panic.

When people are sane, confident, generally self-reliant and feeling secure with their position in the world... you don't get panics.
I nearly made my former manager befoul herself one day. I was replacing the water bottle on the cooler and the part on the cap that's supposed to tear when you pull the tab, didn't. So I pulled out my mini-multi-tool from the change-pocket of my jeans, opened the blade, and cut it. This tool has a blade that's 1.5" long. She told me to leave it at home, we have a "no weapons" policy.

Yeah, right. I was just careful never to use it around her again, and to certainly NEVER let her know about the Storm.

That's what some people don't get. The properly ordered, educated, and imaginative MIND is a weapon. Someone bent on mayhem in my office would find plenty of available tools to use without violating the "no weapons policy".
Greg

Post by Greg »

MarkD wrote: I nearly made my former manager befoul herself one day. I was replacing the water bottle on the cooler and the part on the cap that's supposed to tear when you pull the tab, didn't. So I pulled out my mini-multi-tool from the change-pocket of my jeans, opened the blade, and cut it. This tool has a blade that's 1.5" long. She told me to leave it at home, we have a "no weapons" policy.
I wonder how she opens her mail. Or cooks.

Every office I've ever worked in, plastic razor blade-based utility knives were standard issue, stocked with the office supplies just like pens.