Replacement EDC Pocketknife

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
skb12172

Re: Replacement EDC Pocketknife

Post by skb12172 »

Where is the Kershaw factory located? :D
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Greg

Post by Greg »

skb12172 wrote:Where is the Kershaw factory located? :D
Oregon, iirc.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Best friend from Childhood lives in Klackamas, just outside of Portland. I might be able to hook us up.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

Greg wrote:Some year I am either going to go myself, or find a proxy to go for me, to the Kershaw factory sale.

Once a year the Kershaw factory sells off blemished and irregular items, at deep discounts. THAT is dangerous. I'd load up a wheelbarrow. ;)
If you can't make it wait a week. Lots of those blems show up on e-bay. Folks go to the blem sale, stock up and then flip them on the bay for what is still substantially less than new.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

I just pulled the trigger on a Kershaw Skyline, a Kershaw Chill (similar to the skyline but with finer blade, good when when I'm travelling light) and a pocket sharpener for $68 and change.

I'll do reviews when I get them.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

I like my Chill. Handy for when my Blur would freak people out. :lol: Also it has a much more sturdy point than my Leeks.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Why would the Blur freak people out?
Greg

Post by Greg »

skb12172 wrote:Why would the Blur freak people out?
Is knife. Is scare idiots.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

I carry my Blur drop point a lot. But since I live in Soccer Mom Central, NJ, I tend to open it rather discretely.
randy

Post by randy »

Greg wrote:
skb12172 wrote:Why would the Blur freak people out?
Is knife. Is scare idiots.
Yeah, I almost had one of my contractors fired on time because he used a Swiss Army Knife to block a door from locking shut (forgot his badge*) while he took a smoke break. He didn't even deploy any of the blades. Some ninny saw that and tried to have him fired for violating corporate regs by having a weapon on premises.

Fortunately saner heads prevailed before I had to get involved. I was going to produce the box cutter I was issued by the company when I worked in the print center in the same building and was required to have with me.

(*I did have a little talk with him about circumventing security locks and keeping his badge with him at all times)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".