Your Blade Rotation

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
skb12172
Good Christ I Need A Life

Your Blade Rotation

Postby skb12172 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:27 am

An expansion on my previous "Your Daily Blade" Thread, I was wondering if some of you carried more than one knife, in rotation, or all at once. If so, let's have it. What knife (knives) do you carry and under what circumstances. Daily life only. If there is enough interest, someone can create a separate thread for hunting/camping/etc.

I'll go first. My daily carry is a full-sized Case Sodbuster, which I just received for Christmas. I like to keep things pretty simple. Occasionally, I'll carry a Swiss Army Deluxe, which my brother-in-law bought for me during a business trip in Zurich. However, it can be a bit bulky in a pair of dress pants or jeans, so it mostly stays in my BOB behind the seat of my truck.

This is separate from specific self-defense carry, which usually involves some kind of push dagger, those being legal to carry with my CCDW.

OK, now you.

Fire…uh…CUT Away! :D
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.

Cobar
Trigger Junkie

Re: Your Blade Rotation

Postby Cobar » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Leatherman Skeletool in my pocket is my knife for everything. Normally I also have a Victorinox Swisstool Spirit.

Two is one, one is none....

Plus having two pairs of pliers have been very handy multiple times.

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:20 pm

I always have a Vic Classic on my keychain. On work days that's all I have.

On days off, I also have a Vic Camper in my left cargo pocket, and either a Kershaw Leek or Blackout clipped to the internal divider inside (yes, sadly, inside, I live in NJ) my right cargo pocket.

I will occasionally load up with something extra for special occasions, I have a Swamp Rat Vex (4" of relatively thin convexed D2) in a nice little leather sheath I sometimes slip into a pocket and I have been known to trim shrubberies around my front door with a 15+" khukuri.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr

Bullspit
Loose Cannon

Postby Bullspit » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:57 pm

I mostly alternate between a Mel Pardue and a Ken Onion designed Benchmade folder.
"Stand it like a man, and give some back." Al Swearengen

MarkD
Active Shooter

Postby MarkD » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:03 pm

My EDC is a Gerber mini-multi-tool in the change pocket of my jeans and a Kershaw Storm in my pocket. There's a full-size Gerber multi-tool in my backpack. I figure if I need more than that I should've brought a tool box.

Aglifter
Probably Unemployed

Postby Aglifter » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:39 pm

For years, a Benchmade Leopard.

I should get a griptillian - I have a BMW Rift, but I like the griptillian more.

However, recently, I've been carrying mostly slip joints - mostly a Keystone larg jack, Cas large trapper, GEC stuff, or some custom SAKs. Just gave every family member engraved SAK electicians for Christmas. I don't really do much manual labor these days, and I suppose I just like them better.

I don't like it aesthetically as much, but I have a Kershaw double cross which is an excellent design, for light use.

My brother has a BenchmadeMPR, as he is rather hard on tools.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto

Lokidude
On a list somewhere

Postby Lokidude » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:20 pm

In my right pocket every day is a Boker AK47 automatic knife, and a Wenger SAK. When I get to work, I add a Superknife and an electrician-specific multitool (can't remember the maker) on my tool belt.

If I travel to a location which is knife-unfriendly, the Boker gets replaced with a Kershaw Vapor that I've had for years. If I have to clear a metal detector (local sports venues. Completely legal to carry knives and even guns there, they're just dicks sometimes) I tuck a balisong into my knee brace.
workinwifdakids wrote:We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.

Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!

PawPaw
Active Shooter

Postby PawPaw » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:04 pm

I generally carry a Case Sodbuster in my pocket (off duty). For on-duty use, it's a Smith and Wesson rescue knife (a 4" switchblade, I don't know who actually manufactured it).
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:16 am

PawPaw wrote:I generally carry a Case Sodbuster in my pocket (off duty). For on-duty use, it's a Smith and Wesson rescue knife (a 4" switchblade, I don't know who actually manufactured it).

Is this your on-duty knife (3.3" blade)?

POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad

Dinochrome
Case Shiner

Postby Dinochrome » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:16 am

I've carried the same pocket-knife every day for the past fifteen years. It's a replica of a Revolutionary War soldier's folding knife with brass bolsters, steel pins and a carbon-steel 4.25-inch spear-point blade. It doesn't lock open but it has a strong detent. The blade shows hand-forging marks and some minor pitting, but holds a razor-edge. I bought it from Dixie Gun Works back in 1985 and I think it was made in India; it has black buffalo-horn scales.

Up until 1998, it lived in my shooting bag and cut patches for me.
"Fair is fair; If somebody tries to kill you, kill them right back."
Captain Malcolm of Serenity

Steamforger
On a list somewhere

Postby Steamforger » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:37 am

My everyday carry is a Kershaw Skyline. No serrations was a big selling point. It feels more delicate than it is and I have no doubt it can do pretty kuch anything I need a blade to do except prying. It could stand with a 25% scaling upwards to put it in the "really, quite nice" category.

NVGdude
Trigger Junkie

Postby NVGdude » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:19 am

My EDC is a Gerber EVO, however, I just picked up a blem Kershaw Leek that will likely replace it.

HTRN
Probably Unemployed

Postby HTRN » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:35 am

Just recently got a Benchmade 710 - "Wicked sharp" doesn't begin to describe it.. Of course, I kinda expected it - one of the reasons I wanted it in the first place is the blade is D2.(the other, it's a quality large bladed folder without the $^%$%) serrations!)
EGO partum , proinde EGO sum

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

toad
On a list somewhere

Postby toad » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:54 am

For some reason when I buy an expensive folder something happens to it. On the other hand a cheap folder lacking a lock sticks to me like glue... :cry:

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:06 am

HTRN wrote:Just recently got a Benchmade 710 - "Wicked sharp" doesn't begin to describe it.. Of course, I kinda expected it - one of the reasons I wanted it in the first place is the blade is D2.(the other, it's a quality large bladed folder without the $^%$%) serrations!)

How do you like it?

I have one D2 blade, I mentioned it earlier in the thread. I've always read about D2, and found it to be the case with my own knife, that it takes a good (not great) edge and holds it a long time.

Since we're necro-ing, the Vic Camper is now a Vic Huntsman. I rarely carry a Leek anymore, when I carry a folder it's almost always the Blackout. Leek is just a little too small.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr

HTRN
Probably Unemployed

Postby HTRN » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:20 am

I do like it. I will admit that I have a nasty habit of buying whatever knife is onsale at Woot or Amazon, from the better knifemakers(CKRT, etc). Woot unfortunately, will no longer ship to a shitload of zip codes.

I haven't been carrying it that much, because of the ridculous interpretation of NYC knife laws, and the fact that they'res a disturbinng number of NYPD who take the position of "Run 'em in, charge everything under the sun, and see what sticks). At work I have a Gerber EAB, which is a great work knife, as it uses utility blades, but folds up into something tiny.
EGO partum , proinde EGO sum

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:17 pm

Ah yes, that. The cargo pants I buy these day have a built-in divider inside the right cargo pocket. Unless I'm.going to work I always have a locking folder, but unless I'm out in a sufficiently rural 'safe' area I wear the knife clipped to the divider *inside* the pocket. No clip visible.

Weetabix

Postby Weetabix » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:13 pm

For many years, I've carried a Victorinox Cadet with the Alox scales. It will almost always do whatever I need.

In my backpack is a Leatherman Wave. Like MarkD, I figure if I need more, I'll go to the toolbox. Also in the pack is a Cold Steel Finn Bear that I picked up cheap somewhere. If I didn't already own that, I'd probably have this Mora.

I'm like toad with expensive knives, or at least I fear I would be. The daily carriers tend to be utilitarian.

Greg wrote:Ah yes, that. The cargo pants I buy these day have a built-in divider inside the right cargo pocket. Unless I'm.going to work I always have a locking folder, but unless I'm out in a sufficiently rural 'safe' area I wear the knife clipped to the divider *inside* the pocket. No clip visible.

Do you have a link to the pants? I'm still looking for the perfect combination of pockets and not looking like an operator wannabe.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:36 pm

Weetabix wrote:For many years, I've carried a Victorinox Cadet with the Alox scales. It will almost always do whatever I need.

In my backpack is a Leatherman Wave. Like MarkD, I figure if I need more, I'll go to the toolbox. Also in the pack is a Cold Steel Finn Bear that I picked up cheap somewhere. If I didn't already own that, I'd probably have this Mora.

I'm like toad with expensive knives, or at least I fear I would be. The daily carriers tend to be utilitarian.

Greg wrote:Ah yes, that. The cargo pants I buy these day have a built-in divider inside the right cargo pocket. Unless I'm.going to work I always have a locking folder, but unless I'm out in a sufficiently rural 'safe' area I wear the knife clipped to the divider *inside* the pocket. No clip visible.

Do you have a link to the pants? I'm still looking for the perfect combination of pockets and not looking like an operator wannabe.

They're Cabela's Trailhiker 2's.

I think they're pretty good, but I do have a few complaints. I just haven't found anything as satisfying, for the same money.

oilcrash
Case Shiner

Postby oilcrash » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:50 am

I have a Kershaw Tanto Groove in my strongside front pocket, a Meyerco 18-XRAY in my strongside back pocket, a Leatherman Wave attached to my backpack, a Gerber 600 Multi-plier, a Craftsman 9478 Electrician's Knife, and a Wenger Swiss army RangerGrip 179 Patagonian Expedition in a maxpedition pocket organizer that travels from bag to back with me.

McClarkus
Loose Cannon

Postby McClarkus » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:52 am

Ditto the Benchmade 710. EDC 24/7
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.

Weetabix

Postby Weetabix » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:27 am

Greg wrote:They're Cabela's Trailhiker 2's.

I think they're pretty good, but I do have a few complaints. I just haven't found anything as satisfying, for the same money.

I saw a great review of Recon AC Pants the other day, but I'm not ready to drop $99 on something I can't try on.

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:01 pm

Weetabix wrote:
Greg wrote:They're Cabela's Trailhiker 2's.

I saw a great review of Recon AC Pants the other day, but I'm not ready to drop $99 on something I can't try on.

I've seen lots of nice reviews for $100 pants, but there's no way I'm spending that much.

My complaints all boil down to the fact that the material is too 'soft'. Or possibly weak. It doesn't resist abrasion well, so anywhere they rub a lot they will fray badly, and fairly quickly. Also, anywhere there is a high stress point in the stitching (critical area where the stitching makes a 90deg turn) the stitching will hold but the material will give way. So eventually there will be holes opening up at the corners of your pockets, etc.

I wear them around 4 days a week, year round and rotate through several pairs, and I get a year or two out of them before they're too holey, ratty and frayed for me to wear. I like them, just wish they were more durable.

JKosprey
Trigger Junkie

Postby JKosprey » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:52 am

These days, my every-day knife is a boring old Opinel folder. Does just about anything I need a knife to do, even if it's not the fastest to get open. I've even dressed and skinned a calf with it (although I enlisted the help of a larger knife to deal with joints).

Catbird
Trigger Junkie

Postby Catbird » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:02 am

Here are my top five, in order from least to most used:
Kershaw Needs Work.jpg

Kershaw Needs Work
I bought this on a whim because it was on sale for about $40. It is almost but not quite a switchblade using the Ken Onion "Speedsafe" opening design. The straight blade makes it very easy to sharpen. The handle affords a very good grip. The pocket clip is so tight that it is useless. If i used this knife more, I would try to adjust the clip or remove it entirely.

Leatherman E303.jpg
Leatherman E303
I bought this because a friend of mine was selling them at his camera store. The thick handle sits well in the hand, not as well in the pocket for daily carry. I usually keep it in the console of the truck. I thought the carabiner was silly at first, but it became one of my favorite features. It is one of the best bottle openers I've found. The phillips and flat tip screwdrivers are very sturdy. Leatherman no longer makes this knife, but they have similar designs.

Buck Ranger 112.jpg

Buck 112 Ranger
The little brother to the more popular Folding Hunter. When I was a 13 year-old boy scout, I was sick of dealing with a series of crappy pocket knives. I saved my money and went to the cutlery store at the mall and bought this. It is the first thing of any significant value that I purchased with my own funds. I carried this daily from teenage through Army years. Now I mostly keep it around the house and take it on camping trips. Buck Knives has excellent customer service. I once broke off the tip of this knife shucking oysters. I sent it to the factory and they sent it back with a new blade installed.

Swiss+Tech Utilikey.jpg
Swiss+Tech Utilikey
I bought this on a whim for about $6. I keep it on my key ring. The blade is good for slitting open boxes. You can put a lot of torque on the phillips screwdriver if you open the other half of the blade to 90 degrees. The bottle opener is better than nothing going and searching for a proper one. I find that I use this tool quite a lot because it's always with me on my key ring when nothing else is handy.

Olfa L-2.jpg
Olfa L-2
At work, we can only use the tools provided because Tool Control/FOD. This is the best designed snap-blade knife and probably the best disposable blade utility knife I've ever used. It is small enough and large enough for most tasks. The blade extends and retracts easily and locks firmly without slipping. The blades are available at any hardware store. I looked a long time for a local retailer that sold these. Now that I find them on Amazon, I will order several more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD

MarkD
Active Shooter

Postby MarkD » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:24 pm

Since this thread it back, and since my EDC knife has changed since I posted last, here goes. I still carry the min-Gerber multi-tool in my change pocket, and a full-sized one in my backpack. The Storm has been retired and I now alternate between a Kershaw Skyline and a Kershaw Chill. The Chill is mostly for weekends (it's known as a "gentleman's folder", but I carry it anyway. There's also a Gerber multi-tool in my desk drawer (left by someone doing work on the a/c unit).

When I go fishing I have a Berkley folder I got for buying a couple spools of fishing line that I keep in my tackle bag, it has a good-sized orange blade (easy to find if I drop it), it's good enough for cutting line or bait and if I drop it in the lake, heck it was free. I also have a cheap multi-tool in my tackle bag, again, I don't care if I lose it.

I met a guy once who collected (IIRC) Spyderco knives. He had dozens of them, and by his own admission most had never been sharpened and he never carried them. I like knives, but to me they're tools. If they're not near-at-hand when I need to cut something they're worthless to me. Then again, I never understood people who collect things that are intended to be used ( for instance guns, knives, or cars) and then don't USE them. Not abuse them mind you (that's why I have cheap stuff in with my fishing tackle), but use them in the manner they're designed for.

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:55 pm

MarkD wrote:
I met a guy once who collected (IIRC) Spyderco knives. He had dozens of them, and by his own admission most had never been sharpened and he never carried them. I like knives, but to me they're tools. If they're not near-at-hand when I need to cut something they're worthless to me. Then again, I never understood people who collect things that are intended to be used ( for instance guns, knives, or cars) and then don't USE them. Not abuse them mind you (that's why I have cheap stuff in with my fishing tackle), but use them in the manner they're designed for.

I know of someone who collects every variation of a certain Benchmade knife. He has dozens if not over a hundred of the things, which cost many (over 10 pretty sure) thousands of dollars. And I don't think he even likes that particular knife enough to *carry* one.

'Collecting' is a form of mental illness, hoarding crossed with OCD.

Windy Wilson
Active Shooter

Postby Windy Wilson » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:15 am

For daily use I carry a Victorinox Tourist, which is a slightly shorter Spartan without the lanyard shackle.
If I'm out camping I carry a Grohmann's Canadian belt knife.
For Thanksgiving turkey I have a Green River skinner from A.G. Russell that seems to have been discontinued lo these 20 years.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy

Netpackrat
Probably Unemployed

Postby Netpackrat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:23 am

Not sure why I ignored this thread before, but mine is a CRKT M21-04G. I also have whatever the smaller version of the same blade style is, for when I am traveling in WA because some of the cities there have blade length restrictions. But I really don't like the shorter one because of the lighter weight, and smaller handle. My employer is soon to be going full retard on the tool control also; not sure yet what effect that will have but I expect the knife will have to stay in the vehicle. Hopefully they will supply some reasonable substitute, but I doubt if anyone in charge actually gives a shit.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:38 am

Just this past week I bought my first >4 layer SAK. It's a Vic Ranger. I like the metal saw/file, but probably not enough to be worth carrying around an additional layer. (My normal carry SAK is a 4 layer Huntsman, which is right at the max of what I'd want to carry around, SAK size-wise.)

Rich Jordan
Trigger Junkie

Postby Rich Jordan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Kershaw Leek without serrations, and an early Leatherman Wave (purchased before he made sure I'd never buy another of his products). I've had the Leek since 2004 (its dated). Every few years when the operating spring breaks and I have to send for a new one,I have a spare (with partial serrations) that gets used until I can rebuild my primary one.

Before that I had a Spyderco Hunter (which I still have but it is relegated to home/desk duty)

Precision
Active Shooter

Postby Precision » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:08 pm

I used to carry a Gerber (skeletonized) Paraframe. I averaged 2 a year due to destroying the tension and becoming dangerous.

On our trip out west, we drove past a giant Knife emporium in the middle of NOWHERE AZ. Dawn suggested, we stop in and get me a REAL knife. We left with a Benchmade Contego (810). We paid a little bit more than the cheapest internet price, but way less then retail and it makes a fun story.

I really like it.

benchmade-810bk-contego-black-1169-B.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/

Darrell

Postby Darrell » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:58 pm

My EDC is a Kershaw Leek stainless. Been a good knife, use it at work on a daily basis. I keep a Mora clipper in my toolbox. I used to carry a Benchmade Griptilian, but after an incident among worker bees, knives were restricted; because I'm in maintenance I'm still allowed to carry one, but the blade must be no more than 3" long, hence the Leek.

Am I the only person here who dislikes multitools? I've seen more fasteners hashed up due to people using multitools on them... that, and pliers, when a wrench of some sort should have been used. I have an old Leatherman in a home toolbox, given to me as a gift a long time ago. I've never used it.
Eppur si muove--Galileo

Weetabix

Postby Weetabix » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:20 pm

My blade rotation is still pretty much restricted to EDC of my Victorinox Cadet with the Alox scales. If I ever lose it, I will immediately get another one.

I got a Kershaw 1556TI Cryo II Folding Knife for Christmas that I've been carrying occasionally. I've tried it in my right front, left front, and back left pockets. Seems to work best right front, though it gets in the way a bit. My Crossbreed holster interferes with it in the back right.

Darrell wrote:Am I the only person here who dislikes multitools? I've seen more fasteners hashed up due to people using multitools on them... that, and pliers, when a wrench of some sort should have been used. I have an old Leatherman in a home toolbox, given to me as a gift a long time ago. I've never used it.

I like multitools because when you don't have a tool box, they are handy. If you have a tool box, you shouldn't be using it. And no one should be mangling fasteners. What you really dislike is the dumbass who's using the wrong tool for the job and doing it badly at that. ;)

g-man
Trigger Junkie

Postby g-man » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:18 pm

I've got a 1st gen Benchmade AFO that is my 'not at work' knife. If I'm not headed to the office, it lives clipped to my front left pocket. As in those cases I'm usually armed and wearing some sort of un-tucked shirt or jacket, I don't really have any visibility issues out in public. However, since it's an auto-folder with a 3.75" blade, the Pentagon Force Protection Agency frowns on bringing it to work. As an alternative, I keep the Victorinox Fieldmaster (or whatever it was called in Switzerland when my parents bought it for me there in the mid-'90's) at my desk. I really prefer the Benchmade (except for the serrated portion of the blade), but the little Swiss Army gets the job done around the office. I was much better at keeping my knife sharp when I was deployed, and haven't really sat down with a whetstone in some time. I should probably get after that at some point.

As far as multi-tools go, they're better than nothing, and usually have decent pliers, if used as pliers should be (and not in place of an appropriated wrench). I have a Winchester-branded multi-tool that is actually pretty decent, and grips more comfortably than any Leatherman or Gerber I've used. This of course makes it a bit more bulky, but as a 'in the truck tool bag' piece the bulk isn't noticed.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

randy

Postby randy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:55 pm

g-man wrote: As an alternative, I keep the Victorinox Fieldmaster (or whatever it was called in Switzerland when my parents bought it for me there in the mid-'90's) at my desk.

That's pretty much what I've been carrying every day since since the 80's. It's what I took through survival school and it's gotten to the point where the only time I don't carry it is going through some security checkpoint (flying, Federal building, etc.) as CINCHOUSE had decreed that she depends on me having it available when we are out and about.

As far as multi-tools go, they're better than nothing, and usually have decent pliers,

Yeah. The first one I owned was a Pocket Leatherman that fit into the sleeve pocket of my flight suit where I could get to it even if hung up in a harness and couldn't get to any of my knives for some reason. It's been invaluable when out in the field on amateur radio events or similar situations when I don't have a tool kit handy. I rarely use anything but the pliers as the SAK covers most everything else. And I prefer to use it for cutting or stripping wires over a knife (and carry a set of nail clippers in the Leatherman pouch for stripping really small wires).
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".

deathrider1579

Postby deathrider1579 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:56 pm

In my pocket I rotate between a Benchmade 583 Tanto, and a SOG Trident Tanto I like the tanto blade because it gives me 2 flat edges and 2 points to work with when cutting things.

I also carry a CRKT minimalist neck knife, simply one of the handiest little blades I've encountered and it weighs almost nothing. I've not encountered another neck knife that didn't fatigue me while wearing it all day.

SoupOrMan

Postby SoupOrMan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:29 pm

I had a cheap folder that my dad got when he bought a sleeve of chewing tobacco cans. I lost that when it fell out of my pocket at a hockey game. So then I picked up a Browning Prism to do duty as a glorified letter opener. THAT fell out of my pocket on my way home from the gym one night.

Now I have a Kershaw Oso Sweet. This little bastard isn't going anywhere.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds

Weetabix

Postby Weetabix » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:01 pm

You need different pockets. :geek:

SoupOrMan

Postby SoupOrMan » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:52 pm

No, just a better clip on the knife.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds

Return to “Hack, Slash, and Strike”