Utility\fighter blade

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Bullspit

Re: Utility\fighter blade

Post by Bullspit »

Late to the party again.

That is a very clean looking blade. I look forward to more pictures as it gets completed!
"Stand it like a man, and give some back." Al Swearengen
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Great blade shape and on other forums they would have lambasted you for the rat tail/tapered tang which I think is almost just as strong as a full tang when not abused.

How long is the blade and are you going to do any file work (jimping) to the spine?

Have you thought of how you'll finish the handle and whether you'll add a single or double quillon for a guard?

A friend just re-handled some of his rat tail knives (Ka-Bar) with Corion solid counter top material that we salvaged from a kitchen reno and they turned out great.
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

Thanks !

Sadly there won't be any knife work for the forseeable future. Our ex-landlords ripped us off, which means I have no funds to build a workshop at the new place, and the final straw was the guy who was meant to be shipping $200 worth of grinding belts and knifemaking supplies from the UK to Spain either screwed up\or ripped me off. I'm not sure which, but I never got the stuff.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Rich

Post by Rich »

Isn't Toledo in Spain, or am I hallucinating again? :lol: :lol:
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

Rich wrote:Isn't Toledo in Spain, or am I hallucinating again? :lol: :lol:
They haven't been hand making knives there for years, it's all blades stamped out of 440c stainless.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song