Knife sale at Botach

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Combat Controller
Superuser

Knife sale at Botach

Postby Combat Controller » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:25 pm

All knives are $49.95, a pretty good deal on some of these knives actually....

http://www.botachtactical.com/clkn.html
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.

308Mike

Re: Knife sale at Botach

Postby 308Mike » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:23 pm

NICE!! The most expensive knife I saw was listed at $274.95. That's ONE HELL OF A DEAL!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad

JAG2955
Active Shooter

Postby JAG2955 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:39 am

I won't give those rat bastards a dime ever again. I doubt that they even have any of those knives in stock.

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:43 am

JAG2955 wrote:I won't give those rat bastards a dime ever again. I doubt that they even have any of those knives in stock.

PLEASE elaborate. It's certainly not fair to the rest of us to say something like that without giving details so we can make our own *informed* decisions. I know I'm not the only one interested in what you have to say *BEFORE* I decide to give them some of my meager funds.

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad

Kommander
Active Shooter

Postby Kommander » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:51 am

308Mike wrote:
JAG2955 wrote:I won't give those rat bastards a dime ever again. I doubt that they even have any of those knives in stock.

PLEASE elaborate. It's certainly not fair to the rest of us to say something like that without giving details so we can make our own *informed* decisions. I know I'm not the only one interested in what you have to say *BEFORE* I decide to give them some of my meager funds.

They have a reputation for having excellent prices and poor customer service. This includes thing like listing and charging for items they don't have in stock, forgetting to put stuff in boxes for customers and then claiming it's out of stock, and being very difficult to get ahold of when one has a problem. I also seem to remember something about one of the owners being arrested for selling the US government shitty ammo but I don't recall all the details. I have never dealt with them myself and have no real desire to.

JAG2955
Active Shooter

Postby JAG2955 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:04 am

308Mike wrote:

I believe I've talked about it here before, but basically, I ordered a Pelican laptop case, and they charged my CC almost immediately. Over two weeks passed before I contacted them with a WTF, and they said that it would be shipped in a day or two. They pulled that game for awhile, until they finally decided to suddenly claim that it was being drop shipped from the manufacturer. I told them that if I didn't have a tracking number the next day, I was calling my bank and filing a fraud report. I finally got it, but it took a damn long time.

I do recall something about them frauding the government, but I can't find any links about it.

Ah, there we are:
http://www.laweekly.com/content/printVersion/1010620/

Aglifter
Probably Unemployed

Postby Aglifter » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:13 am

I waited several months for some magazines to ship from them before - my concern would be if they actually have those knives - personally, I'd rather buy from knifeworks.com
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:18 am

DAMN!!

I'll make sure I stay the hell away from any company like that!! I suppose they're more interested in their next "fix" than running a business - and are probably selling out ALL their stock to raise at least SOME funds to pay somebody off.

I SURE AS HELL won't be ordering ANYTHING from them unless they're willing to ship COD. Otherwise, they can kiss my rear end!

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:22 am

Ironically I have had a 98% success rate with them and I have even had two good returns. I have had trouble getting Customer Service on the horn but they always helped me. Only once was I charged for an out of stock item that I then got a refund for. I have ordered quite a lot of kit from them as the price has been right and the service not so terrible.

I guess experience may vary. I suspect the knives ARE in stock and they are just trying to clear them out.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:54 am

Thanks for the opposing view CC. Now I have two different sides to evaluate regarding the same company - *IF* I decide to order a knife from them.

I suppose the best thing to do is do the same as you would for ANY OTHER vendor: Make SURE you get the employee name, employee number (*IF* they have one), prices quoted along with any special restrictions to quote back to them if questioned later on, date and time of the conversation (make sure you include which time zone you're quoting the time from and ensure you remain consistent - if I'm making a complaint, I ALWAYS reference my times to the company's time, so there's NO misunderstanding and their time logs are easy for them to locate - YMMV), along with any specific quotes, ESPECIALLY if you have witnesses to the conversation, like if it was on speaker-phone.

Granted, I've become quite lax over the years, but I used to do this religiously and it really saved my rear end (and me LOTS & LOTS of money over time) when I was making many purchases over the phone. Even now, I frequently prefer making the purchases over the phone 'cause I perfer having someone to talk to. You don't get the same flexibility when dealing with a bot, script, etc., etc. I still MUCH prefer dealing with PEOPLE.

The nice thing about talking to someone is you can ask things which aren't in their "normal" line of questioning and get a response WITHOUT being transferred and waiting for someone else to pick up the phone. You can get everything done within a few minutes instead of waiting for all the scripes or prompts to play out.

I HATE "audio-response-tellers"!!!

Cybrludite
Active Shooter

Postby Cybrludite » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Note to self: read the whole thread before placing my order. :oops: Hopefully I'll have CC's luck with them.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.

Steamforger
On a list somewhere

Postby Steamforger » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:47 pm

Cybrludite wrote:Note to self: read the whole thread before placing my order. :oops: Hopefully I'll have CC's luck with them.

Yep. I did it too. I wonder if it's a geographical thing??? :oops: :oops:

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:06 pm

Just keep an eye on the time limits for your CC to challenge a charge when you haven't received the product. If you haven't received your order within a reasonable amount of time, start making phone calls once they've charged your card and it STILL isn't there. IIRC, you get the most rights of using your CC once you dispute the charge WITHIN 30 days, afterwards, it's more difficult - so make sure you check with your financial institution's rules & regs to make sure you get the most benefit coverage from using your card.

If you're using a debit card, make sure you use the CC function of the card and not the debit function when purchasing from merchants, otherwise you don't get the CC protections.

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:08 pm

Just got a package from them for the knife I ordered, seems they are shipping right quick.

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:11 pm

CombatController wrote:Just got a package from them for the knife I ordered, seems they are shipping right quick.

Oh come on, do tell. Which knife did ya' get? ;) :D

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:27 pm

SOG BH03 Swedge III Knife

On sale at Amazon for $64 + shipping.

Aglifter
Probably Unemployed

Postby Aglifter » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:19 am

I know better, but I ordered some of their Eotac pants on sale... I tore my last set, and they're good shooting pants, even if they are cut much too small in the thighs...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:29 am

CC - NICE! What have you cut with it already, and does the performance meet your expectations?

SOG BH03 Swedge III Knife.jpg

So far, I've been VERY HAPPY with all the edged items I've bought from Cold Steel, you just gotta' watch the sales then get on their preferred list to get the special deals mailings. Are SOG blades/knives made in the USA (I know most of Cold Steel's products are not, but are made to their specifications out of the country)? If possible, I prefer to spend my money for products made in the USA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:33 pm

It's pretty sweet, I just cut some boxes, celery and stuck it into a 2x4.

JAG2955
Active Shooter

Postby JAG2955 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Aglifter wrote:I know better, but I ordered some of their Eotac pants on sale... I tore my last set, and they're good shooting pants, even if they are cut much too small in the thighs...

I had a pair of Eotac shorts that were too tight in the thighs, and so I bought a pair of Kuhl shorts. Here's the pants version of my shorts: Link. They're specifically cut to accommodate larger thighs. They're designed for rock climbing and hiking, so they should be plenty durable.

Denis
Good Christ I Need A Life

Postby Denis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:41 pm

CombatController wrote:It's pretty sweet, I just cut some boxes, celery...

Celery? Were you making a Bloody Mary?

That's the only reason for celery... :-)

blackeagle603
Probably Unemployed

Postby blackeagle603 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:50 pm

:lol:
:jacked:
Some good stuff in celery. Celery and humus goes in the lunch bag for to make it between meals. Celery goes in the morning blender along with carrots, tomato, oil of the day (fish or coconut) and whatever stray veggie is around.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:58 pm

blackeagle603 wrote::lol:
:jacked:
Some good stuff in celery. Celery and humus goes in the lunch bag for to make it between meals. Celery goes in the morning blender along with carrots, tomato, oil of the day (fish or coconut) and whatever stray veggie is around.

What are you, some kind of health nut?

I like celery, but CARROTS????

Denis, Rumpshot's Rattlesnake Venom makes really killer Bloody Mary's! :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:22 pm

Denis wrote:

You know me so well....

Denis

Postby Denis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Rumpshot wrote:Denis, Rumpshot's Rattlesnake Venom makes really killer Bloody Mary's! :mrgreen:

I already said I was sorry I can't come to RR VI, but now you're trying to make me cry. :cry:

Bloody Marys are absolutely the only raison d'être for two otherwise completely useless items - vodka and celery. One or the other - bleurgh, but together, magic.

Denis

Postby Denis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:53 pm

CombatController wrote:
Denis wrote:

You know me so well....

Now I understand. Your BM was so big you had to cut the 2x4 as a cocktail stirrer...

Like a Boss. :-)

randy

Postby randy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:15 pm

Denis wrote:

It's also good when you have a jar of peanut butter (Extra Crunchy please) and no bread or crackers.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:00 pm

Denis wrote:
Rumpshot wrote:Denis, Rumpshot's Rattlesnake Venom makes really killer Bloody Mary's! :mrgreen:

I already said I was sorry I can't come to RR VI, but now you're trying to make me cry. :cry:

Bloody Marys are absolutely the only raison d'être for two otherwise completely useless items - vodka and celery. One or the other - bleurgh, but together, magic.

Not trying to make you cry Denis, but you need to work harder to make it to RR VII! :twisted:
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Steamforger
On a list somewhere

Postby Steamforger » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:56 pm

I ordered the Remington 19704 knife. Just received an email from botach stating it was "sold out, and unfortunately will no longer he available." It also mentions an automatic canceling of my order unless I specify otherwise. I'll keep a close eye on my account to ensure the credit actually shows up. Looks like JAG hit the nail on the head.

Captain Wheelgun
Loose Cannon

Postby Captain Wheelgun » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:55 am

Denis wrote:

Either that, or he's been adopted by a Sphinxian Treecat :geek:
"The best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank" - Cmdr. Montgomery Scott
Captain Wheelgun's World

Cybrludite
Active Shooter

Postby Cybrludite » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:31 pm

Out of stock & no backorder for me as well. :cry:
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.

HTRN
Probably Unemployed

Postby HTRN » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:17 pm

Instead of a stringy weed, try garnishing with a cocktail shrimp.
EGO partum , proinde EGO sum

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Aglifter
Probably Unemployed

Postby Aglifter » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:09 am

Nevermind, I'm an idiot who didn't realize what ACH meant... Not sure, exactly how I order a pair of ACH pants, but hopefully I can exchange them...

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:16 am

Aglifter wrote:Nevermind, I'm an idiot who didn't realize what ACH meant... Not sure, exactly how I order a pair of ACH pants, but hopefully I can exchange them...

You're not the ONLY idiot, I also have no idea what it means. Do you care to enlighten us fellow idiots? I too have no idea what ACH means. I actually been spammed with that in the title, and never investigated it.

Please enlighten this fellow grasshopper. 8-) 8-) :D

Regarding not knowing what some terms/initials mean, I just recently heard about some other stupid-ass stuff going around the brainless set called "cone-ing" - which apparently has been picked up by the super-dweeb Justin Bieber. I had to dig up some videos and check the Urban-Dictionary (notice, these RETARDS are actually calling it an ART) to find out just WTF it meant. I still don't understand what they mean by saying it's the new "PLANKING."

They MUST be teaching stupidity and how to act like a moron in today's schools.

What kind of morons are thinking up this shit and deciding it's FUN to make a hell of a mess in your car, or on your clothes, etc., etc., just to see the look on someone's face who doesn't give a shit about what you do with it in your own car????? YOU're the one who's going to have to deal with it.

I think I might start a new thread about our stupid culture trends to help keep other people current on today's idiocy by the school kids of America. It's simply unbelievably STUPID.

Aglifter
Probably Unemployed

Postby Aglifter » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:47 am

Apparently, digicam camo. I'll call them on Mon, and try to exchange them.

Return to “Hack, Slash, and Strike”