What exactly IS legal to carry for self defense in San Fran

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
blackeagle603

Re: What exactly IS legal to carry for self defense in San F

Post by blackeagle603 »

/hijack/ The upside of working in San Fran (or Seattle) is a guy wearing a kilt to work isn't out of the question.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Fivetoes

Post by Fivetoes »

blackeagle603 wrote:/hijack/ The upside of working in San Fran (or Seattle) is a guy wearing a kilt to work isn't out of the question.
I doubt assless chaps aren't out of the ordinary either.
Greg

Post by Greg »

blackeagle603 wrote:/hijack/ The upside of working in San Fran (or Seattle) is a guy wearing a kilt to work isn't out of the question.
Wait, what's the upside again? :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Fivetoes wrote: I doubt assless chaps aren't out of the ordinary either.
Just had to go there, didn't you?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Termite

Post by Termite »

If first time CCW without permit in SanFran is a misdemeanor.... is there a down side?

And Chris in assless chaps...... :shock: Pass the mind bleach, please.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Evyl Robot

Post by Evyl Robot »

Seriously. Had you considered non-permissive carry? Not that you should admit it on the interwebtron, but still.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:
Fivetoes wrote: I doubt assless chaps aren't out of the ordinary either.
Just had to go there, didn't you?
Hey, BE started it, with his horrifying mental images of freeballing poofters in skirts.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

CombatController wrote:I mean, really? When was the last time any of us were frisked by a cop?
I don't recall hearing of anyone from here being frisked since my little visit from the ATF back in, what, fall of '07 or '08? This was after 10-15 minutes of them talking to me & going through my stuff that they realized that checking me for weapons might possibly be a good idea. I didn't both to point out to them that I was standing in my kitchen, with a number of nasty sharp pointy things within arm's reach in my sink. Long story, short: The dude who sprayed the place for bugs had been supplementing his paycheck by narcing out residents on stuff he saw in their apartments & getting reward money. He noticed my WASR (as well as my poor housekeeping :oops: ) and called in to the BATFEIEIO saying that I had an AK-47 & was planning a shooting spree. :roll: While they did have to check it out, they thought so little of his claims that they straight up told me who had ratted on me. (Or, this being the ATF and all, perhaps they were hoping I'd follow the local tradition of "snitches get found in ditches" so they'd have something worthwhile to arrest me for... Who knows?) Only good thing to come out of it was the look on the bug guy's face a few months later, when he saw me around the complex. :lol:
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

SF Recommendations:

restaurants: delfina, boulevard, fleur de lys, absinthe, velvet cantina, le colonial
-bars- irish bank, buena vista, lucky 13
-music venues- great american music hall, the fillmore, the warfield, slim's, bottom of the hill
-ferry building on the weekends
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

CombatController wrote:Or you could conceal carry and remember it's a misdemeanor the first time, if you ever get caught. Then you can argue the case for reciprocity! :lol:

I mean, really? When was the last time any of us were frisked by a cop?
Some of you may remember years ago when a couple of narcs showed up at my front door on a fishing expedition. They did not pat me down but did ask if I had a weapon on me. Feeling a bit unhappy about their visit I simply lifted my shirt and pirouetted.