Recommend a new pocket knife

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
cageym

Re: Recommend a new pocket knife

Post by cageym »

Darrell wrote:
Cybrludite wrote:Only problem I've had with my Kershaw Leeks is that the tip comes to such a needle point
I was a dumbass with my Leek a couple of weeks ago--I was using it to cut a cable tie in a tight space, should have been using a pair of side cutters instead. The cable tie snapped, the needle point of the blade hit the side of my other hand's thumb, must've gone in an inch! It didn't hit anything vital, but boy, did it bleed... Prolly should have got stitches, I just washed it out and let it bleed a while, then put compression on it, and taped it closed with waterproof tape. I hit it with peroxide and povidone/iodine a few times, it healed right up. :oops: :?
I did something similar about 15 years ago, the end result was much worse though. Ended up severing 3 tendons in my wrist. I now have a nice scar from where they had to open me up to repair it and people look at me odd sometimes when they see it, like it was intentional. :lol:
RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE. It's voltage divided by current.

There is no such thing as overkill. There is only "Open fire!" and "Reloading!"
-John Ringo "The Hot Gate"
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

I've had a Leatherman e303 for a few years and I like it. I usually keep it in the console of my truck. The blade opens one-handed with either a fingertip lever assist or a thumb stud. The retractable belt clip makes a nifty bottle opener. I remember it costing about $35.

The closest thing to it that they sell now is called the c33T. $26 at Amazon
Last edited by Catbird on Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
cageym

Post by cageym »

I just got this yesterday in the mail. Botach still has some knives on the $49.95 list so I thought I would give it a shot. It's made in Italy, pretty hefty really and the blade is N690. I might order another one for future use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE. It's voltage divided by current.

There is no such thing as overkill. There is only "Open fire!" and "Reloading!"
-John Ringo "The Hot Gate"