A falcata

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Jered

A falcata

Post by Jered »

Anyone know who makes a decent one? I need something to kill zombies with, and these look like the trick.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
George guy

Re: A falcata

Post by George guy »

I was going to say Zombie Tools has one (scroll to bottom), but apparently it's unavailable right now.
'Regulate' used to mean the opposite of 'constipate.'
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Jered wrote:Anyone know who makes a decent one? I need something to kill zombies with, and these look like the trick.
Need a trick? Get an axe. :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Jered

Post by Jered »

Well, maybe I should have said "something else to kill zombies with."
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

If they made it with meteoric iron found in Africa, you could have a hakuna falcata.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Looks like someone watched The Deadliest Warrior last night... :lol:
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Matthew Mayner

Post by Matthew Mayner »

Just get a Kukuri.
Dinochrome

Post by Dinochrome »

There is a company called "Museum Replicas, Inc." that has a battleworthy falcata for sale, brass grips and steel blade by
Windlass Steelcraft in India. I've bought several good swords and daggers from them.

http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-219-falcata.aspx $195 unsharpened, $213 sharpened

If you really want to fight zombies with a sword, I recommend the two-handed Scottish Claymore. (Where's the William Wallace smilie?!)
"Fair is fair; If somebody tries to kill you, kill them right back."
Captain Malcolm of Serenity
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

skb12172 wrote:Looks like someone watched The Deadliest Warrior last night... :lol:
Nope, no cable, no satellite. Just a brain that goes where lots of other people go, and not always first.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

SoupOrMan wrote:If they made it with meteoric iron found in Africa, you could have a hakuna falcata.
Oh, groan!

Okay, where did Chris put the Ban Hammer?
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?