School me on selecting Arrows

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Rumpshot

Re: School me on selecting Arrows

Post by Rumpshot »

Primitive Archery Probably not what you are looking for, but a time sink nonetheless.

3Rivers Archery A constant source of annoyance and aggrevation. They have too many toys!
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

A coworker (hardcore bow hunter) gave me a recommendation for his favorite archery shop. It's out in our end of the county (in Lakeside). I'll try getting by there in the next week.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Matthew Mayner

Post by Matthew Mayner »

This thread really makes me want to get a stick bow again.

I just got one! :-D
Last edited by Matthew Mayner on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

blackeagle603 wrote:A coworker (hardcore bow hunter) gave me a recommendation for his favorite archery shop. It's out in our end of the county (in Lakeside). I'll try getting by there in the next week.
If you're talking about the Bow-N-Arrow shop over on Los Coches Road in Lakeside, I've been there. I usually take our vehicles to the Lakeside Radiator & Auto Repair nearby for our damned SMOG TESTS (they are honest and do good work), and the archery shop is walking distance from there. The archery place has a relatively short indoor shooting range, but then you won't need a long range when using a bow-rig. I've enjoyed going there while killing time waiting for my smog tests to complete. Each time I've been tempted to spend some money on a new archery rig - and they have some GREAT ones too!!

Here's a street-level view of the shopping mall containing the shop:
9748 Los Coches Road, Lakeside, CA.jpg
As far as it being your friend's favorite shop, I can understand why, and if I was back into archery (we now have archery at the LGGC range), I would be in there MUCH more often and if I had the money for archery, that's where I'd spend it.

YMMV
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Has anyone else here managed to shoot themselves in the back with an arrow? I hope I'm not the only one.

I was a reckless pre-teen youth, I don't remember exactly how old I was. Some neighborhood kid had a bow that we were all shooting. The arrows had been shot into the dirt and rocks so much that they were "sharp as a marble".
I was fooling around and decided to fire straight up. As I watched the arrow disappear into the overcast sky I thought: Uh-oh! I didn't know which way to run so I hunched over and prayed. The arrow came straight back down, (because I was an awesome shot, :lol: ) it hit the middle of my back and bounced off.
Thank God, we didn't have any broadheads!

So, Dwight, be careful, "you'll shoot your eye out!"
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

We used to stand in the pasture and shoot straight up in a contest to see who could land one closest. /facepalm/ If my kids ever... nevermind, they're past that stage.

Then we graduated to creative activities involving various types of powder, improvised tubular containment devices, improvised projectiles and fuses gained lawfully from gunsmith neighbor for his various turned miniature cannons. Not sayin' no more than that. On enough lists already as it is...
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story