GG&G Ghost Hawk Neck Knife

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
JAG2955

Re: GG&G Ghost Hawk Neck Knife

Post by JAG2955 »

SeekHer wrote:I love that design, sheer beauty to the point that I've ordered two.

What the Hell are you going to stab and damage with a blade that's 2" or so? You need at least 3½" to 4" to reach the heart? The eye, the carotid artery? They are slashing weapons, to open up as much surface area as possible to allow blood flow, hence, motor skill slow down not to mention localized pain.
Did you buy them recently, or have you had the chance to use them for awhile? I like slashing designs for my knives, if you have some knowledge of the human body, they're just as deadly or incapacitating as a stabbing blade and you have more control with what you inflict.
Jered

Post by Jered »

Termite wrote:
rightisright wrote:What about pepper spray?
I tend to agree, with one exception: windy days. One can pepper-spray one's self by accident. Anyone who carries pepper spray(or Mace) should really let someone use it on them once, so that they will know what to expect.
Been there, done that. It sucks with the Scovillle stuff. Not fun at all.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Jered wrote:
Termite wrote:
rightisright wrote:What about pepper spray?
I tend to agree, with one exception: windy days. One can pepper-spray one's self by accident. Anyone who carries pepper spray(or Mace) should really let someone use it on them once, so that they will know what to expect.
Been there, done that. It sucks with the Scovillle stuff. Not fun at all.
No, it's not fun.

I've been teargassed(several times), Maced a couple of times, and direct pepper sprayed once(indirectly a couple of times). Pepper spray was the worst by far. I can still function with ordinary levels of tear gas(riot levels). Mace is harder, but doable. But pepper spray hurts.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Yeah pepper spray hurts, but I'd never touch the stuff without something more lethal as a back up. Not only are some people just naturally highly resistant, lots of people develop a tolerance to the stuff. Even guys like me who it hits harder than most can build up to it. My last requal it barely did anything to me. I had to close one of my eyes because the instructor moved the spray directly onto to it trying to get a reaction. Opened it back up when he stopped. Hurt like a SOB afterward but by no means effective.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

I forget the percentage, but there is a decent chunk of the populace which isn't affected by it - might be unaffected by all lachrymators.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
George guy

Post by George guy »

Imagine a couple slashes with one of these combined with pepper spray.

Can you say "Mommy!?"
'Regulate' used to mean the opposite of 'constipate.'
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

JAG2955 wrote:
SeekHer wrote:I love that design, sheer beauty to the point that I've ordered two.

What the Hell are you going to stab and damage with a blade that's 2" or so? You need at least 3½" to 4" to reach the heart? The eye, the carotid artery? They are slashing weapons, to open up as much surface area as possible to allow blood flow, hence, motor skill slow down not to mention localized pain.
Did you buy them recently, or have you had the chance to use them for awhile? I like slashing designs for my knives, if you have some knowledge of the human body, they're just as deadly or incapacitating as a stabbing blade and you have more control with what you inflict.
I haven't received them yet as they were backorder or out of stock but got an E-mail saying they're forthcoming.

I have a couple of H.A.K.s --stands for Hide Anywhere Knives and they are a last ditch, I'm fucked unless I can do something knife...You can only slash at known arteries, muscle groups, the eyes, the throat, the groin since the blade isn't long enough to go deep enough to hit an organ but it you jam the bugger into an eye ball or into the trachea the recipient will certainly know about it and maybe enough to break off and that's all the opportunity that you need to "beat feet" or to obtain another weapon.
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

The "knife" I carry when I run is a .380.

For an actual knife, I like the Cold Steel spike series.
http://www.coldsteel.com/spikeseries.html
Termite

Post by Termite »

CRKT sells their Terry Renner Neckolas Neck Knife. I've bought knives before from this guy on Ebay: LINKY
$24, plus $3.50 s & h.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."