Khukris?

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Langenator

Khukris?

Post by Langenator »

Can anyone here recommend a good khukri maker?

The only one I know of is Himalayan Imports (www.himalayan-imports.com), who seem well recomended, but expensive.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
moose42

Re: Khukris?

Post by moose42 »

You might try gurkhaknife.com I've looked at them and they seem like they are the real deal but I haven't bought one yet. Maybe I should get one for my half birthday. 8-)
Years from now our children and grandchildren living in a 3rd world America will ask "What were you doing on March 21st 2010 and why didn't you stop it?"
--Me

Come check out my blog where I share my crazy sci-fi and fantasy fiction.
Alone: King of One
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Speaking of kukris, I read elsewhere that an enterprising Gurkha used his to decapitate a Taliban commander, in order to take the head and prove the bad guy's demise. The Gurkha has been removed from duty for his outrageous act, offending muslim sensibilities, etc., etc. If I can find the story again I'll post it in the war room.

ETA: Story is up in the war room.
Last edited by Darrell on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Much more satisfying than a photo...
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

CombatController wrote:Much more satisfying than a photo...
And more reliable proof.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

My sirupati was made by one of the Himalayan Imports kami's - it's had half a decade of very hard use and is still going strong.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song