Monthly Knife Contest

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
padowser

Monthly Knife Contest

Post by padowser »

http://www.ratcutlery.com/win_a_rat.htm

Each month RAT Cutlery will give away a new knife to a lucky winner(s). All you have to do to enter is email contest@ratcutlery.com with the subject line "RAT Contest," with your name and shipping address in the body of the email (If you do not include your shipping address you will be disqualified). DO NOT use this email for any other inquiries since they will not be answered. On the last day of every month all names go into a hat and one lucky winner will be drawn. (Each email is assigned a number and a random number generator is used to pick the winner(s).
Erik

Re: Monthly Knife Contest

Post by Erik »

Anyone have any experiences with this company? Good? Bad?

I ask, because I've had some bad experiences with knife makers in the past.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne
Fivetoes

Post by Fivetoes »

This isn't like signing up for spam is it?
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

No spam...

I've never dealt with them myself but know lots of people who have and their opinion is a well made, kick ass knife designed to handle a survival situation which is the training the maker is noted for...

They have been around for quite some time and I've never caught anything really bad about them in the various knife forums...
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Erik wrote:Anyone have any experiences with this company? Good? Bad?

I ask, because I've had some bad experiences with knife makers in the past.
If it's a free knife and they don't have any of your credit info, I don't think it can be too bad.

It appears they're having a dispute with Ontario Knife Company (OKC), and are calling for a boycott of OKC's products.

That pretty blond on their website has a nice-sized ring on her finger (right next to the knife she's modeling).

They're also having a photo contest:
Photo Contest

At the end of every quarter in 2008, RAT Cutlery will give away a set of RAT Cutlery field knives (RC-3, RC-4 and RC-6) to one lucky winner each quarter. Alternate prizes will also be given to 2nd and 3rd place winners. To enter you must email your photo to jeff@ratcutlery.com. You will be disqualified if you do not use the correct email address or fail to follow the contest rules. We will not notify you that you did not follow the rules. Your photos simply will not be published.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Y'all can have the knives. I WANT the blonde!!!!!!!!!!
padowser

Post by padowser »

Fivetoes wrote:This isn't like signing up for spam is it?
Could be, but I don't think so. I have a RAT-7 made by Ontario Knife Company. They used to make the knife for these guys. There has been some kind of parting of the ways, legal issues etc.

Anyway, they are nice blades, and someone gets a free one every month.