New knife and maker - small fighter for a Princess

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Lokidude

Re: New knife and maker - small fighter for a Princess

Post by Lokidude »

HTRN wrote:One time, at band camp.. :lol: :lol:

HTRN
Any story that starts that way is entirely true. All the band geeks know it, and all the rest of you wish you did. :twisted:
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

blackeagle603 wrote:Girls in the flute section wished they had knives for us up in the trumpet section... :twisted:

I once tried to learn to play the trumpet. I failed miserably in the attempt, and still feel bad about the money my parents spent to buy the damn thing for me. My crowning achievement was when a friend and I got thrown out of band class for a day, when we had an impromptu blasting contest. I did, however, end up marrying a flute player.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I took trumpet at school but my parents could not afford the rental so it had to go back after a while. I bet that either they were sad I could not play the trumpet anymore but glad I could not practice... :|
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I bought a nephew his first drum when he was just a toddler. He drove his mother crazy, which was the plan. ;) The kid's grown up and in college now, and he still plays drums.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

Oh, I got it. Like I said, truth to ALL stories that start "This one time, at band camp..."

Of course, repeating that line to a flautist can be quite hazardous to your health.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

blackeagle603 wrote:Girls in the flute section wished they had knives for us up in the trumpet section... :twisted:
Should have played the sax; we get girls falling all over us, don'tchaknow.
Chicks dig fixed bayonets
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Oh we did alright. Plus we sat closer to that one chick in the drum section...
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story