Al Mar SERE Operator

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Termite

Al Mar SERE Operator

Post by Termite »

Anyone familiar with this knife? I'm thinking of buying one as a general purpose medium sized sheath knife.

LINKY
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Bob K

Re: Al Mar SERE Operator

Post by Bob K »

I have several Al Mar folders. Excellent quality.
"Youth and skill are no match for age and treachery." Unknown

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

"Oderint dum metuant." ("Let them hate, so long as they fear.") Accius
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Ditto, what Bob K said...very well made knives designed by the late Mr. Mar...

The SERE had gotten very good reviews in all the various blade magazines when they first came out...

I had one a number of years ago with the sawback blade, that really cut wood quite well...It and four folders got destroyed in the house fire...One of the folders was the SERE2000 with a slightly smaller blade then the fixed but damn it had a strong lock...
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
Termite

Post by Termite »

Sometimes Vulcan just smiles on ya. Look what found me.

LINKY

It's an older model, but mint in the box. For $149 plus shipping.

Heh...... :D
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Denis

Post by Denis »

Splendid! Lucky you, and well wear...
Termite

Post by Termite »

This thing is awesome.

Guys, it's a damn fine knife. I give it an 'A-' rating. The reason for the (-) is the sheath, not the knife.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

DAMN nice - good for you!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad