2010 Arkansas Custom Knife Show

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
SeekHer

2010 Arkansas Custom Knife Show

Post by SeekHer »

E-mail received from A.G. Russell knives today:
[center]2010 Arkansas Custom Knife Show
Saturday and Sunday, February 20-21, 2010

Robinson Center Exhibit Hall
424 West Markham
Little Rock, AR
Located adjacent to the Doubletree Hotel[/center]

For more information:
Arkansas Knifemakers Assoc.

Goldie and I will attend the show on Saturday. We will pay for your admission to this show either Saturday, Sunday or both days. Just print, fillout and bring the enclosed coupon and present it at the door. The show will bill A. G. Russell.
We look forward to seeing you there.
all the best,

A. G.
Founder, A. G. Russell Knives
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
blackeagle603

Re: 2010 Arkansas Custom Knife Show

Post by blackeagle603 »

It's a trap! Lock up your wallet. Freeze your credit card in a block of ice.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

blackeagle603 wrote:It's a trap! Lock up your wallet. Freeze your credit card in a block of ice.
That doesn't help if you have the numbers memorized!

What's it going to take to get a major knife/blade show here at the San Diego convention center???? I'd be ALL OVER that one!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Mike I've posted the Calif ones for you, that's the best I can do...Why doesn't Southern Calif. Knife Collectors put a show on?
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Unfortunately, they were too short notice and just a little too far away. That's why I mentioned them coming to our large convention center - that'd be real sweet!

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

From this issue of Blade Magazine:
Upcoming shows:

MARCH 19-21 PASADENA, CA Knife Expo 2010, Pasadena Convention Center. Call 619-417-4329 e-mail KnifeExpo2010@att.net or visit http://www.scblades.com/

APRIL 24 SOLVANG, CA Solvang Custom Knife Show, Hotel Corque. By invitation only. Call Nordic Knives 800-992-6574 http://www.nordicknives.com/

JUNE 5 BREA, CA The 2010 Cal Knives Custom Knife Show, Brea Community Center. Call Joe 714-746-6196 or visit http://www.calknives.org/

308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

COOL! The one in Brea is closer. THANKS!!

308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

SeekHer - Do you happen to know if any of those makers who're going to be at the Brea show build/make Japanese blades?

SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Sorry Mike, I don't know who they have on their list...check with their link...

From their roster, I know by reputation Brian Fellhoelter, Joe Caswell (won Blade Award last year) and Red St. Cyr as I've seen their work in some dealers pages...Jim Ferguson has been featured in many magazine articles over the years and isn't cheap--makes some amazing Damascus...From visiting their site this Jerid Johnston has some very interesting blades for fit and finish...

Sorry, that's the best I can do but they'll have lots of makers, not listed, plus collectors selling their "overs" and probably a few custom dealers as well...

How far is Solvang from Sunnyvale? We're going to be there around then as my daughter is giving birth around that time and if I can get away, I'll go, I'll need to get away for my sanity, but it's all dependent on when she and her younger sister (in Mass.) give birth, both around the same time--Mass. is first by three almost four weeks...From zero to two grandkids in one month...

308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Unfortunately, there isn't going to be much of a show there other than a few manufacturers and probably not even close to my time's worth, especially since it's: By invitation only.

If there was going to be a large show with many vendors and lots of blades to buy, I might be interested (especially if you [SeekHer] were coming down from the frozen North), but if there isn't much for sale except to wholesalers and manufacturers and not a LARGE selection, I'm sorry but there just isn't enough to get us to go to that event - despite you being there with family.

As it stands right now, as an "Invitation Only" event and I don't have an invitation, nor am I a knife/blade maker, I can't justify the trip to Solvang.