New knife for Christmas

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
workinwifdakids

New knife for Christmas

Post by workinwifdakids »

Hey, all. I usually don't come to places like this, but...
:lol:

I also think I said that the last time I posted in the Ka-Nife forum here, which was - IIRC - last Christmas!

Well, my grandmother for Christmas gave me the only thing she owns of her father: a knife. Specifically, it's a vintage Rapala Marttiini like those pictured in that link.

I don't think it has any value, other than it was my great grandfather's. Neat stuff!
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
Erik

Re: New knife for Christmas

Post by Erik »

Those are great knifes, I have one myself. Maybe not as old though, I think mine is 20+ years or something, but it looks pretty much the same. Great filet knifes, I dont know of any better.

Slightly OT though, I thought Rapala only bought Martiini a few years ago, and that Martiini was it's own company until then? I know the knife I have is a Martiini, not a Rapala. Rapala started as a fishing lure maker, and stayed that way for a long time. Does it say "Rapala" on it?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

I have a bunch of them in the drawer with the tips broken off and resharpened for paring knives...

I have both--Rapala and Martiini on the blade handle...They were sold here as Rapala Filleting Knives and also as Martiini Filleting Knives--depended where you bought them from...The difference was in the tip treatment of the sheaths -- the Rapala had that little flap and the other was rounded over somewhat...
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
Greg

Post by Greg »

workinwifdakids wrote:
Well, my grandmother for Christmas gave me the only thing she owns of her father:
I don't think it matters what it is. :D 8-)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr