Hunting/Fishing Kayak for sale in San Diego - Mod Approved

Announcements for your state or city.
tcourtplayer

Hunting/Fishing Kayak for sale in San Diego - Mod Approved

Post by tcourtplayer »

First off, I would like to thank Chris for approving this request.

I have a Predator K140 Kayak by Old Towne for sale. It was based on one of their two person hulls but only has one seat so that you can use the extra space for storing decoys or other gear behind you. I have exhausted every other option for sale and since the HOA has decided the common storage space is better used for other things (ie, not property owned by "just a renter") I need to move this fast. I am open to offers on its price but am looking for about $500 (roughly half of what I paid for it new). Again, it is in good condition, just very dusty from being stored outside. If you have any questions or want pictures please do not hesitate to ask.

Lastly I will include a PFD and the paddle along with it.
JAG: So why do you need armor piercing ammo?
tcourtplayer: Zombies
JAG: For when they hide behind engine blocks?
tcourtplayer: Just because the movies say they will be dumb and slow doesn't make it true.
JAG: WOW!!!
308Mike

Re: Hunting/Fishing Kayak for sale in San Diego - Mod Approv

Post by 308Mike »

This particular make and model of kayak has some pretty damned good reviews, and if I had the money, I'd love to take it off your hands.

Specifications:
Length 14' 0" / 4.3 m
Width 31" / 78.7 cm
Cockpit 21" x 94" / 53.3 x 238.7 cm
Depth 14" / 35.6 cm
Weight 68 lbs / 30.8 kg
Capacity 450 lbs / 204.1 kg
Materials: PolyLink3

POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

There's no "extra" space at the squadron?

Ship it here and I'll hold on to it for you... :D
tcourtplayer

Post by tcourtplayer »

Thanks Mike for posting those specs and photos. I didn't post more initially because I received permission to post it as I was out my door to work. It has a built in anchor system, a mesh cover behind the seat, a mesh cover up front with a few storage spaces, built in fishing rod holder and a insert that is molded to hold shotgun shells and a few other miscellaneous things. As you can see it is camouflage in color. I had a blast owning it but didn't get enough use out of it once Uncle Sam put me to work. I had hoped to keep it until later in life when things slowed down but as stated, we are just lowly renters and the HOA decided that the common storage space did not mean for us.

PS. I know you said you didn't have the money Mike, but I am willing to discuss prices especially with forum members because I know it would be going to someone who'd get some use out of it.
tcourtplayer: Just because the movies say they will be dumb and slow doesn't make it true.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

tempting... vewy vewy tempting. Probably would get myself banned from certain circle of friends (owns local Hobie shop).
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

tcourt, thanks for the encouragement, but I'm dealing with some much higher priorities right now, and I don't have room to keep it (unless I rent a storage unit with we can't afford).

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

It'd go pretty good on top of an RV, Mike... :mrgreen:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Getting action on this? What's your drop dead date with the property/storage?

A friend at work asked how much UV it's seen in storage. Has it been stored in the shade or direct sun?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Netpackrat wrote:It'd go pretty good on top of an RV, Mike... :mrgreen:
I know, and that's what makes it so damned tempting, but paying the mortgage and utilities comes first. Those damned bankers just don't understand why we don't want to pay their bills! :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

tcourtplayer

Post by tcourtplayer »

blackeagle603 wrote:Getting action on this? What's your drop dead date with the property/storage?

A friend at work asked how much UV it's seen in storage. Has it been stored in the shade or direct sun?
Sorry this took a little time to respond...it was a crazy weekend. At this point we don't have a drop dead date for the storage because we were already forced to move it in the dinning room (only room large enough to store the kayak) but you can imagine how much the wife loves that idea. As far as UV, it has either been stored indoors (most of its life) or in the shade (the last year). As for interests...I haven't received anything that hasn't been posted on this thread. No interests on several attempts on craig's list and all the "play it again" sports stores have said they are not interested in a kayak that isn't an ocean kayak.