Byrne Send-Off Dinner (Scottsdale, AZ, March 6th 6:00pm)

Announcements for your state or city.
Denis

Re: Byrne Send-Off Dinner (Scottsdale, AZ, March 6th 6:00pm)

Post by Denis »

Rumpshot wrote:Will have to wait and see if I CCW or disarm.
This is one occasion I wouldn't be too concerned about "disarming". You will be surrounded by heavily armed friends. If push came to shove, they would probably have a shootin' iron (or three) for you too. Just make sure they don't give you the pink ouija board instead.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Pictures!!! It happened!! :lol:
Beer.JPG
Denis, you were right. It was good to be disarmed! The Bock was delicious.
Chris & Mel.JPG
Chris & Mel are at the end of the table. Kommander on the right in the foreground, Rod on the left with TJ.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

More.
Mryyh & John.JPG
Mryyh & JohnOC.
Kommander.JPG
Looking at the far end of the table over Chris & Mel's heads. Kommander on the left, AZMark, Mryyh, JohnOC, Aurora, TJ, & Rod.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rod

Post by Rod »

Good food and a good time was had by all. Rumpshot gave Chris a manually operated gps system of the Northwest (read map), Mel got a moosehead electric socket plate, the girls got a root beer making set. I REALLY tried finding a pink Ouija board but had no success. Great seeing everyone and bon voyage Chris, Mel, and the girls.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

DAMN, if I'd thought about it, I should have sent Rumpshot a couple of pair (or four) of battery-operated socks to present at the going-away dinner! DUH! OTOH, I don't think Chris would have needed them (although he might), Mel probably wouldn't wear them, and the kids would probably think they were DORKY.

Oh well. It's just as well I didn't win the lottery. :-D
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Don't worry about it Mike. Rod searched for a PINK ouiji board and didn't find one. I considered looking for some assless chaps and decide they didn't come in Chris' size. :lol: Besides, we didn't want him "modeling" them at the Arribas.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

Good luck, travel safe.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Fair winds and following seas. What's the PCS date going to be?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
moose42

Post by moose42 »

I had to Google KSZT but I figured it was Sandpoint. Apparently the adults are heading out first, with the kids staying with whoever Stern (R) is and then going to fly to Sandpoint through West yellowstone in April.

Are military orders that cryptic? Egads, it's amazing anything ever gets done.
Years from now our children and grandchildren living in a 3rd world America will ask "What were you doing on March 21st 2010 and why didn't you stop it?"
--Me

Come check out my blog where I share my crazy sci-fi and fantasy fiction.
Alone: King of One
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

CByrneIV wrote:And if you have any idea what that says, you're as bad off as I am...
I got most of it, but Rumpshot probably speaks that daily. ;)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad