Rumpshot's Revenge V

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
308Mike

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge V

Post by 308Mike »

Kommander wrote:
Rumpshot wrote: Note Kommander's stylish kilt.
Kommander-1.jpg
Note Kommanders soon to be sunburned legs...
Come on now, are they bright LOBSTER pink or just another light shade of slightly colored/tanned/pinked?

I have to think that if your legs got it bad enough that you were willing to mention it, they must have been burned pretty good - usually good enough to heat the bed sheets and/or make you slightly miserable for the next 48 hours.

PLEASE tell me you drank plenty of fluids to keep yourself hydrated after getting toasted to such a degree. I know from personal experience that the back of the knees usually take the brunt of such burnings since most people tend to face AWAY from the sun, leaving the back of the knees fully exposed for toasting by the sun. Keep drinking those fluids too, 'cause your sunburn will heal faster as long as you stay well-hydrated.

Yes, you CAN actually get SECOND-DEGREE burns from the sun. I know from personal experience when I was 14 years old, staying at a beach house for a week. I actually got large blisters across both shoulders from the sunburns I suffered.

Now, I have to deal with pre-cancerous spots and other skin issues related to my abuse of sunshine while I was young and dumb.

Be smart - learn from other's mistakes. PLEASE don't go through everything I've been through over the years. The sun, and your body's reaction to it, can be a HUGE influence on your health and longevity. Kommander, when wearing your kilt PLEASE start using sun screen - I GUARANTEE you'd REALLY HATE to have some of the skin removed from the rear of your knees due to pre-cancer treatments.

After all, we have to look out for each other whenever possible. ;)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

I'm fine, the burn really isn't that bad and I have had much worse. I remembered sunscreen on my arms, neck, ears, and face, but I forgot about my legs on the second day. This happened because A) I wore pant's the previous day and B) normally my legs are not vulnerable to sunburns like that. I have been working a night shift for 2 and a half years now and apparently my skin has become much more sensitive to sunlight.
Evyl Robot

Post by Evyl Robot »

Looks like you guys had a great time!
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

I got home to San Diego about 9:00 last night.
The weather could not have been nicer. Everyone was prepared for the cold at night so no one lost any fingers or toes. Clear blue skies and no wind.
I really appreciate Kommander and JohnOC sharing their knowledge and wisdom about old and new firearms, I came away smarter for it. Rumpshot kept us all safe with only one reminder to respect the firing line while hot. His homemade bread was worth the trip, too.
I was really impressed, also, that Kommander broke out the kilt, most of the area was knee-high with prickly bushes.
The hospitality at Casa Rumpshot was impeccable as always, thank you Mrs. Rumpshot! The chili was to be approached cautiously and with respect. If tempered with sour cream, shredded cheese, milk and bread one could reasonably expect to survive the encounter.

Next year...y'all come!
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

I've been wasting my time with Mil-Surps, those AR guns are a real kick to shoot. I'm only bothered by the absence of wood anywhere.
This California boy felt slightly guilty using an evil 30 round magazine, and covering up my LOADED 1911 sidearm.
Bwaa-ha-ha!

God bless Arizona!
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Amen, may the SAF lawsuits continue to win against CA Sheriffs and liberty leak west to us too!
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Okay. Flintlock Tom took advantage of the occasion to gift me with a Steven's Favorite in .32 Long Rimfire. Thank you Tom! This was not necessary, but is definitely appreciated.

Of course there was a caveat. .32 Rimfire ammo (think .22 rimfire on steroids!) is rare as hen's teeth! It went obsolete around 1930 and out of production in the '60's (I think) with Navy arms having a special run in the 1990's.

The rifle is a bit indeterminate as to the model. It could be a 1915 or an 1894. Based on the D-link on the takedown bolt, I think it is an 1894.

Photos to follow.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Rumpshot wrote:Okay. Flintlock Tom took advantage of the occasion to gift me with a Steven's Favorite in .32 Long Rimfire. Thank you Tom! This was not necessary, but is definitely appreciated.

Of course there was a caveat. .32 Rimfire ammo (think .22 rimfire on steroids!) is rare as hen's teeth! It went obsolete around 1930 and out of production in the '60's (I think) with Navy arms having a special run in the 1990's.

The rifle is a bit indeterminate as to the model. It could be a 1915 or an 1894. Based on the D-link on the takedown bolt, I think it is an 1894.

Photos to follow.
OUTSTANDING!!! Regardless of the cost of the ammo, I heartily endorse Tom's gift and wish I was there to watch as it was presented - since you (Rumpshot) have certainly earned it!!

Tom, if you had let a few of us here know what your were planning on doing, we could have mounted a search for any local ammo and you could have presented the rifle WITH AMMO to Rumpshot.

As it is right now, I have a pretty good idea of something to get Rumpshot for Christmas (if we're financially able to purchase Christmas presents - but even so, rare ammo is hard to find, and if I come across it, the price may not matter as much as the availability and money comes and goes but friends last year after year and beyond) this year.

We treasure our friends, and when we're financially able again, we'll make sure our friends know we're thinking of them. As for now, we hope good will and loving cheer will carry our friends through the holiday season and the new year KNOWING we think about them and those thoughts will carry them into 2011.

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Mike, Tom did include a box of .32 Long Rimfire AND 6 .32 Short "reloadable" cases along with the 6mm blanks (100 count) for the ignition source.

The actual load data and .32 cal round ball or round nose bullets not included.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Rumpshot wrote:Mike, Tom did include a box of .32 Long Rimfire AND 6 .32 Short "reloadable" cases along with the 6mm blanks (100 count) for the ignition source.

The actual load data and .32 cal round ball or round nose bullets not included.
So, is that what the ammo is called: .32 Long Rimfire?

What about reloading dies?