Rumpshot's Revenge V

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
308Mike

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge V

Post by 308Mike »

Do you have 1000 yards of cleared firing lane? Or are you talking about an elevated target on the hillside (far more likely)?

Of course, instead of using a clanger, you can use a target backed by Tannerite, which will then make sure you knew you hit the target (anyone know if they've improved the mix to help them go off even though it's a striking blow instead of a dead-on shot?).
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Mike,
Gotta work on this one. Probably uphill, or at best crosshill.

Clangers don't have to be reset. Tannerite goes boom. :D Then you need another target. :cry: Clanger just go CLANG, then shoot again, go CLANG... :D
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

Got it on the calendar
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Once again I will be there, but my car won't. You pikers and your hotels...
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

I think I may leave Virginia at home this year and take advantage of "economy lodging" on-site.
I'll bring along my U.S. Springfield Rifle (AKA: Trapdoor Springfield) as well as a couple other "historic" firearms.
Looking forward to it.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

Reserved room at the B&B this year, since they have wifi, and a king size bed.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Visited the salvage yard today. Picked up two pieces of plate steel for targets. One about 14" square, the other about 12" wide by 4' long. Will probably cut a square off the bottom of the log piece and make two targets from it. Would like to get a larger piece avout 36"X36" or larger for the LONG range target.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Rumpshot wrote:Visited the salvage yard today. Picked up two pieces of plate steel for targets. One about 14" square, the other about 12" wide by 4' long. Will probably cut a square off the bottom of the log piece and make two targets from it. Would like to get a larger piece avout 36"X36" or larger for the LONG range target.
How about a trashcan lid? The bullets don't havta' bounce off do they?
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
mousegun

Post by mousegun »

If I'm not scheduled to be on Co. travel during that time frame, I may be able to make it this year. I have about 1/2 a dozen 20 lb. propane cylinders (old valve type) that I have used as long range targets. They are close enough in size to a torso to make an interesting target; especially when you have them out over 300 yards. Even if I can't make it out, I would be happy to loan them out for your use; a few more holes in them won't bother me a bit. You just have to be willing to come near LAX to pick them up.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

At this point in time a trip near LAX is a bit out of the question. You do realize that if the bottles have no other damage, such as bullet holes, in them, they are accepted at some places like Wally World for exchange. The propane company removes and replaces the valves and recertify the tanks and back they go for another few years.

There are some other folks in the greater LA basin that should carpool and make the trip over with you too. :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona