Anyone interested in a Texas/surrounding area get together?

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
JAG2955

Re: Anyone interested in a Texas/surrounding area get together?

Post by JAG2955 »

Alright, got a hold of their admin today.

It would be $30 per person for four hours of shooting for shooter's ridge and one pistol bay. They would prefer it to be on a Sunday, but I'm thinking that we'd rather have a Saturday. Am I right?

If we don't want the pistol bay, the price may decrease. I asked her to base the price off 20 people attending. $200 deposit required to book it.

Now I need some feedback. Dates, names/numbers, amount of time, etc. Do we want the pistol bay? I'd have to check to see if we could put up some closer targets on Shooter's Ridge.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Feedback? Anyone interested?
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

If i get the job with the UPD, I'm down. But I won't be there till June at the earliest.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Right now, The Minions are trying to con me into a trip to Wyoming this fall for pronghorns and mulies, so I'm pinching pennies so hard they squeal. If we can't finagle the trip (like if school doesn't cooperate) I might be able to swing it, but I won't know for sure until August.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

I'm definitely interested, and I'm pretty open as far as the date. May or June would be good, before it gets super hot.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

I am interested, but no way in hell I can pull it off this year.

Seriously, figure out a date, get it on the calendar and start moving forward guys. A generic target never gets hit.

Rumpshot's Revenge happens cause I want it to, and I set a date people can then try to fit into their calendar/schedule. If two people show up, great, if a whole bunch show up, even greater.

By the way, I do not consider this a competition to hold events. I think of it more as an excuse to meet you guys than anything else.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Denis

Post by Denis »

First Shirt wrote:Right now, The Minions are trying to con me into a trip to Wyoming this fall for pronghorns and mulies
... if school doesn't cooperate...
Tell school you're taking the minions on an educational trip. That will be perfectly true - they will certainly learn plenty. That's what my brother always tells the teachers when he takes his kids away to hunt with us!

Lucky you!

Hi, Minions :-)
Rod

Post by Rod »

Sigh, two road trips this month then I'm headed for the Texas Republican Convention in May, won't be able to afford it. DAMMIT!
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I'm interested and so is Doc Russia, probably Eugene. But I do have my August pretty booked already. Pick a couple of range dates and I will tell you if Doc and I can make it.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
AggieWalt

Post by AggieWalt »

I'd be in depending upon timing.
Apathy rules with an iron fist so we must strike back with steel resolve.