Rumpshot's Revenge 2014

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge 2014

Post by Rumpshot »

The fall weather pattern has been cool nights, above freezing, little to no wind, no rain in the foreseeable future.

Tomorrow, the 1st, windy, 20+ mph forecast with 25% chance of rain. Sunday 82% chance of rain. This has just shown up in the last couple of days. :cry:

Just because it is forecast does not mean it will happen. Still going forward.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

Today is the mad dash of preparations and packing. Though the hotel simplifies it a little.
Tonight is the trick-or-treating.. tomorrow is the leaving early to get up there with plenty of daylight.

Looking forward to it!
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Meet at the house around 8:30 AM and caravan up to the site.

Dinner will be around 4:30 - 5:00 PM. Sandwiches and Beef Stew, in the garage. House tours as well.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Wish I could have made it this year but them's the breaks. Y'all have fun! I will try to put a shooting fiesta together for 2015....
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Only two forum members, JohnOC and myself, so far. Got today to go. Total of 9 of us shooting yesterday. This includes two lads who have not yet reached their teens!

The weather cooperated. We has a few drops of rain, but not enough to cover the guns. I only brought 14 long guns.

Really was pleased with my 1884 Trap Door Springfield. I had never shot it before so I loaded up some "carbine" loads. 55 grains of 2F Goex behind 405 grain Flat Point round nose bullets. Really nice to shoot.

Went through a couple boxes of clay pigeons yesterday with my electric whirlybird trap. Really like that thing too.

Did not discuss forum politics. BUT will probably skip RR next year unless there is a clamor for it. There needs to be an occasion for forum members to meet up and visit. Shooting at the same time helps justify the travel. RR has been slowing down considerably for the last few years. It takes quite a bit of work to pull it all together and I need to consider that before I run it again. I know about many issues that many of you face and life gets in the way of socializing.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Been that way for the fiesta. Smallest was 8 people best was 32. I got very busy this year and just had to skip it. Maybe if things go the way I hope we can go on tour....
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Rod

Post by Rod »

If we had a decent range here (Fort Bliss Rod and Gun would require a small fortune to shoot there and they wouldn't let us do a lot), I'd volunteer to run one in El Paso. With the economy right now, it's hard to plan long trips anywhere.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Over and done for another RR.

Three of us today. Very laid back. Richard brought out his Johnson. VERY interesting rifle. Very ahead of his time.

Tannerite can be packaged in ziplock bags and will still toss rocks 50-75 feet in the air!
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

So far, travel time has been the issue for me. I need one of Termite's little planes.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

missed all the fun again.

Not sure yet whether we'll be in Flagstaff New Year's again this year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story