Rumpshot's Revenge 2014

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Rumpshot's Revenge 2014

Postby Rumpshot » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:07 pm

Nov 1 & 2.

Same place, same format.

Friday setup, Sat-Sun shoot, Sat evening Dinner at Rumpshot's new house (in the garage [tentative]). Pass the hat for the hooter. Electric trap new this year.

Y'all come.

RSVP's would be nice.

Discuss.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

JohnOC
Administrator

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge 2014

Postby JohnOC » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:15 pm

Woo hoo! Im starting to plan for it now.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson

Rod
Active Shooter

Postby Rod » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:43 pm

Hopefully I can save my pennies for this but it'll be iffy right up to the week before. We go to Shakespeare Ghost Town the 25th and 26th of October.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist

First Shirt
Active Shooter

Postby First Shirt » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:21 am

One of these days, Imna have money and vacation at the same time....
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:19 am

Working on it. It might just be the break we need with trying to get a new business off the ground. Unfortunately, I STILL need to get the RV tires replaced, smogged, and legally on the road (AFTER I remove all the crap from the inside to make it ready for travel (and the refridge is still dead) - but we BOTH REALLY want to meet up with everyone (and we're still dealing with the flooding of our ceiling a couple months ago and the soaking of our concrete slab near our garage door)!!

It's a bitch when trying to get too many things done at once!!

WE'D LOVE to see everyone and meet up with everyone!!! Amd we're TRYING to plan on doing do THIS YEAR (BOTH OF US and the RV, since we'd be bringing our kitties with us - so we'd be parking WAY AWAYS from the firing line to minimize pet-noise-trauma), but I hope there's going to be Tannerite (and no Sure-Shot fires), for those of us who ENJOY targets which react when hit.

We're working on getting almost all the crap which is currently stored in the RV, OUT of the RV, so I can get it cleaned up for a road-trip. The engine seems fine, along with the generator; we have plenty of sheets and blankets, even for the cats - plenty of kitty litter even if they feel the need to crap due to the sound, I just need to find the time to get EVERYTHING done before we head out to RR 2014 (and hope I have enough ammo for what we want to shoot)!!

EDIT:

It's my youngest brother's birthday that weekend. There's simply NO WAY I can get him and his wife & kids to come out to AZ to celebrate his birthday - UNLESS he's able to take some time off from the FAMILY (which just might be the thing he NEEDS!!! He loves to go shooting, along with his older 1/2 brother - maybe I can get ALL the guys to go!!!??? - one way or another)!!

I'll have to do some asking around the family, to see if I might be able to break the MEN free to celebrate their OWN birthdays!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad

slowpoke
Trigger Junkie

Postby slowpoke » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:47 am

First Shirt wrote:One of these days, Imna have money and vacation at the same time....

Which are you missing?
"Islam delenda est" Aesop

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:48 pm

I do believe I still have some Tannerite on hand...
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

First Shirt
Active Shooter

Postby First Shirt » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:53 pm

slowpoke wrote:
First Shirt wrote:One of these days, Imna have money and vacation at the same time....

Which are you missing?

Vacation, this year.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom

JohnOC
Administrator

Postby JohnOC » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:59 am

Does anyone have objections or reservations if the missus and I bring our 8 and (almost)7 year-olds this year?
They've been to the range several times and done well and safely.

Probably we'll be doing a single day visit on Saturday, since Friday night is trick-or-treating with the cousins. If we can swing the hotel dollars for chino valley, we'll stay for dinner.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:26 am

John, I have no problems with the youngsters.

Wish you could make it for the full period. I will be able to show off the house. I plan to "borrow" the garage for dinner.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

JohnOC
Administrator

Postby JohnOC » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:00 pm

I think we'll probably be able to swing the hotel for Saturday night, so we'll likely come up early Saturday morning, stay for the day and dinner, and maybe visit Sunday morning as well. We'll need to be back to Phoenix by 1 pm on Sunday.

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:54 pm

John, sounds great.

Mike, based on the Ebola thread, you need to get the tires on your motorhome yesterday. I do have room at the ranch to park you and make water and electric available...
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:23 pm

Rumpshot wrote:Mike, based on the Ebola thread, you need to get the tires on your motorhome yesterday. I do have room at the ranch to park you and make water and electric available...

Sounds great!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad

Weetabix
Good Christ I Need A Life

Postby Weetabix » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:51 pm

Is anyone who is too far away and in the south east interested in an alternate shoot on some other date? I've started a thread here.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Weet, I hope you can pull off an eastern version of RR. Who knows, I might attend one, when things slow down a bit.

For the rest of you, I would like an idea how many of you plan to attend.

To sweeten the pot a bit, I now have an electric trap. We can throw clay birds faster than before and with the foot pedal, the shooter can fling the birds for him/herself.

We will be staging from the new house. Currently planning to use the garage for our Saturday evening feast. Tours of the house will be conducted. I expect there will be electricity available for well water and lighting. I don't expect the house to be electrified yet.

The usual caveats apply. Will be doing setup on Friday (Halloween), shooting Saturday and Sunday. Bring your guns and ammo. I will have some steel targets. Paper targets will mostly need frames. Pumpkins are welcomed. I still have Tannerite on hand from previous years. I have Tom's ez-up and my 10x10 awning. Bring tables, targets, some clay pigeons and ammo. Cameras are welcome too.

For those that plan to camp, the forest is free. Will pass the hat for the hooter and Saturday night food. There will also be some camping sites available at the house from Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:32 pm

Looks like temps in the mid-70's for RR 2014. Lows above freezing, but still brisk.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:23 am

Up to the site today. The road looks better, but is rougher than a cob. Someone has a couple of rock cairns set up to guide others in, but the last one is 100 yards short of our location.

Will "borrow" the hooter from the house construction, so no need to pass the hat.

The drywall is going up in the house and garage right now. Should be mudded/taped and painted by Halloween.

How about some of you other Arizonan's making a trip up to shoot and visit with other members? Just over a week away.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

JohnOC
Administrator

Postby JohnOC » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:38 am

Just made the hotel reservation. Me plus 3 are coming Saturday and staying overnight. We might not make it up to the site very long on Sunday though.

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:07 am

Flintlock Tom? AZMark, other Phoenix area folks? Tucson folks? I think Rod had other obligations.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Flintlock Tom
On a list somewhere

Postby Flintlock Tom » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:38 am

Sorry, can't make it. But, thank you for thinking of me.
I'm getting our house ready to sell and am 2 months behind schedule.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:06 pm

The fall weather pattern has been cool nights, above freezing, little to no wind, no rain in the foreseeable future.

Tomorrow, the 1st, windy, 20+ mph forecast with 25% chance of rain. Sunday 82% chance of rain. This has just shown up in the last couple of days. :cry:

Just because it is forecast does not mean it will happen. Still going forward.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

JohnOC
Administrator

Postby JohnOC » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:41 pm

Today is the mad dash of preparations and packing. Though the hotel simplifies it a little.
Tonight is the trick-or-treating.. tomorrow is the leaving early to get up there with plenty of daylight.

Looking forward to it!

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:07 am

Meet at the house around 8:30 AM and caravan up to the site.

Dinner will be around 4:30 - 5:00 PM. Sandwiches and Beef Stew, in the garage. House tours as well.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:11 am

Wish I could have made it this year but them's the breaks. Y'all have fun! I will try to put a shooting fiesta together for 2015....
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:35 pm

Only two forum members, JohnOC and myself, so far. Got today to go. Total of 9 of us shooting yesterday. This includes two lads who have not yet reached their teens!

The weather cooperated. We has a few drops of rain, but not enough to cover the guns. I only brought 14 long guns.

Really was pleased with my 1884 Trap Door Springfield. I had never shot it before so I loaded up some "carbine" loads. 55 grains of 2F Goex behind 405 grain Flat Point round nose bullets. Really nice to shoot.

Went through a couple boxes of clay pigeons yesterday with my electric whirlybird trap. Really like that thing too.

Did not discuss forum politics. BUT will probably skip RR next year unless there is a clamor for it. There needs to be an occasion for forum members to meet up and visit. Shooting at the same time helps justify the travel. RR has been slowing down considerably for the last few years. It takes quite a bit of work to pull it all together and I need to consider that before I run it again. I know about many issues that many of you face and life gets in the way of socializing.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:55 pm

Been that way for the fiesta. Smallest was 8 people best was 32. I got very busy this year and just had to skip it. Maybe if things go the way I hope we can go on tour....
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.

Rod
Active Shooter

Postby Rod » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:40 pm

If we had a decent range here (Fort Bliss Rod and Gun would require a small fortune to shoot there and they wouldn't let us do a lot), I'd volunteer to run one in El Paso. With the economy right now, it's hard to plan long trips anywhere.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:20 am

Over and done for another RR.

Three of us today. Very laid back. Richard brought out his Johnson. VERY interesting rifle. Very ahead of his time.

Tannerite can be packaged in ziplock bags and will still toss rocks 50-75 feet in the air!
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Weetabix
Good Christ I Need A Life

Postby Weetabix » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:54 pm

So far, travel time has been the issue for me. I need one of Termite's little planes.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D

blackeagle603
Probably Unemployed

Postby blackeagle603 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:08 pm

missed all the fun again.

Not sure yet whether we'll be in Flagstaff New Year's again this year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story

Vonz90
Active Shooter

Postby Vonz90 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:07 am

Rumpshot wrote:
Very laid back. Richard brought out his Johnson.

Apparently very laid back.

Return to “Regional Announcements”